DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Clamp Replacement in 30 secs for FREE

Baba's Copter

Reactions
Lost the gimbal clamp for the new Mavic Pro within the 1st week at the park. The clear transparent thing was impossible to locate in the grassy knoll. Googled for a replacement and found a couple of options on eBay. One of them offered a $15 ripoff .... then wait for 2 weeks for delivery. It couldn't be that hard to hack one.

A trip to the recycling bin and with an xacto knife, I've got a solution that's more than sufficient. Figured I would carve out an exact replica of original clamp from packing foam. But when I tucked in the first cut for measurement, I realized it packs the gimbal pretty snuggly and don't need to go further. So in 30 seconds the problem was solved. Now, I've got a few extras thrown in the pack in case one takes off in the wind.

Attachments

• 20170418_124443.jpg
    20170418_124443.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 177
  • 20170418_124852.jpg
    20170418_124852.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 172
  • 20170418_124632.jpg
    20170418_124632.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 160
Reactions: Vilco and Rocky
A trip to the recycling bin and with an xacto knife, I've got a solution that's more than sufficient. Figured I would carve out an exact replica of original clamp from packing foam. But when I tucked in the first cut for measurement, I realized it packs the gimbal pretty snuggly and don't need to go further. So in 30 seconds the problem was solved. Now, I've got a few extras thrown in the pack in case one takes off in the wind.

Nice move! I broke the gimbal cover, instead, and I'm looking for a solution: the broken part is the single big hook that clings to the Mavic on the opposite side to that of the 2 little hooks. I have seen it offered along with 3 more items I don't need for 15 to 20 euros, but your story made me think to some DIY on my part.
Anyone has a hint?

Nice move! I broke the gimbal cover, instead, and I'm looking for a solution: the broken part is the single big hook that clings to the Mavic on the opposite side to that of the 2 little hooks. I have seen it offered along with 3 more items I don't need for 15 to 20 euros, but your story made me think to some DIY on my part.
Anyone has a hint?
I've broken mine too. Just snapped off at the weekend. have ordered a new one. Pain in the @ss.

I've broken mine too. Just snapped off at the weekend. have ordered a new one. Pain in the @ss.

Did you find someone selling just the cover, or did u order a kit with that and 3 more items?

Did you find someone selling just the cover, or did u order a kit with that and 3 more items?
Found a replacement on Ebay. Think it comes from China so will have to wait a few weeks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zantuna