DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Dial Won't Bring Gimbal UP

namja

Reactions
I used the VM to get to .0400. Ever since, my gimbal dial (the wheel on the left side of the RC) will only allow the gimbal to go DOWN but not back UP. The wheel moves both ways, but the gimbal does not respond to the UP on the remote. I can use the D5 button to move it from down position to forward position and back and forth, but the dial only works from forward to down and not the other way around.

If I use the Long Press on the iPhone screen to control the gimbal, then I can move the gimbal up/down with no issues. It's just the dial that is not responding correctly.

I have since upgraded the firmware to .0800, and the problem persists. It was working fine before I messed with the firmware. I didn't drop the RC ever. It only goes from the padded case to my hands and back.

What do you think? Is this just a matter of RC error? Maybe I should find a Mavic Pro pilot in my area and try their remote with my Mavic.

Try calibrating the remote controller in DJI GO like this:

Reactions: namja
OMG, why am I so stupid?????

I totally forgot about the RC calibration. I calibrated the IMU, the Compass, and the Gimbal multiple times.

Thanks @msinger. That took care of the problem. I owe you a couple beers (or equivalent).

Now, I'm going back to .0400.

Reactions: Tiago_Wolf
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78