DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal not panning horizontally

Reactions
Hi everyone, right side scroll wheel isn't moving gimbal? up and down is fine. calibrated gimbal, checked ok
am I forgetting something? yes, cover is off lol.

I wish DJI had been thinking when they made the remote control for the Mavic 2 series and made it like the Inspire 2’s remote which allows you to use the right wheel to control panning horizontally. Instead of having to put your finger physically onto the touchscreen of your device.
It would make using the gimbal much more efficient and easier. Having to take one hand off of the controller is not a good way to have to do it IMHO.
LAnd with the Cendence remote controller the right hand wheel is dedicated for panning horizontally and that’s very nice and efficient.
But, alas they didn’t so we’re stuck with what we have to work with. o_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: CJH92474
I wish DJI had been thinking when they made the remote control for the Mavic 2 series and made it like the Inspire 2’s remote which allows you to use the right wheel to control panning horizontally. Instead of having to put your finger physically onto the touchscreen of your device.
It would make using the gimbal much more efficient and easier. Having to take one hand off of the controller is not a good way to have to do it IMHO.
LAnd with the Cendence remote controller the right hand wheel is dedicated for panning horizontally and that’s very nice and efficient.
But, alas they didn’t so we’re stuck with what we have to work with. o_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I agree, its just seems logical. Thanks for the support.

I have two different goggles, both of which can be configured to control either gimbal direction or the drone's heading. The first one I bought was Samsung's Gear VR, which must be modified for use with Litchi. I then bought DJI's own Goggles RE. If all you want is two-directional gimbal control without taking your hands off the controller sticks, then the simplest and cheapest alternative is a simple virtual reality headset for your phone, which doesn't trigger Oculus software (like Samsung's Gear VR does unless modified).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya