DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal reminder idea

ninja_geezer

Reactions
Ok as im new to this at least twice i have powered up the aircraft without removing the Gimbal cover and obviously got a warning ,so to help me combat this in the future i have come up with a simple reminder .
i bought a Remove before flight key ring and attached it to the gimbal with a small adhesive pad ,now it should be a lot easier to forget to leave it attached .
see pics below.

20200716_003052.jpg20200718_160838.jpg

That will work. Good job. Thumbswayup

Reactions: old man mavic
I just stuck one of the peel off stickers from the drone on it thinking along the same lines. Looking on ebay there are plenty of people offering these. I want something similar which engages in the Micro SD slot.
Someone told me with cameras years ago, never close the "doors" when you haven't got media / battery loaded, and I have still turned up somewhere with no media and the door on the camera open.

Edit. Decided to buy one of these Micro SD Sniffe Compatible With TF Card Adapter Plate Universal | eBay
stick a ribbon on it as close to the body as it will go and saw off the bit I don't need. Don't leave too much sticking out, just enough to attach too.

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
I've been combing Amazon to find an adhesive loop to hang a keyring but keep coming up empty. Where did you find that pad?

That is smart thinking. I haven’t powered up, yet, without removing the cover, but I’ve caught myself a few times Close to it. I do use a checklist when I fly off my property, but not always while backyard flying.

This is an item on my "Pre-Flight" list. I am sure there are many who still use one. Regardless of how long we have been flying, we can forget to look for things. A good habit is to go over the list before EVERY flight. In addition to a pre-flight list, I have a mid-flight list (very brief) and a post-flight list.

Nice reminder! Reminds me on my Navy days in a fighter squadron, where if you forgot to remove one of these you were in deep trouble:) I just might have to get one for nostalgia's sake. However, I found a gimbal protector on Amazon that I leave on rather than forgetting to remove the original cover. It extends beyond the gimbal, so provide adequate protection for my purposes especially in the case of a bad landing.

Attachments

• 105897050_626456091299722_5274644526559037656_n.jpg
    105897050_626456091299722_5274644526559037656_n.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 55
  • hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 53
Nice reminder! Reminds me on my Navy days in a fighter squadron, where if you forgot to remove one of these you were in deep trouble:) I just might have to get one for nostalgia's sake. However, I found a gimbal protector on Amazon that I leave on rather than forgetting to remove the original cover. It extends beyond the gimbal, so provide adequate protection for my purposes especially in the case of a bad landing.
it does protect the gimbal and camera always fly with one fitted to both my drones but it does not stop the gimbal moving about during transport

I've been combing Amazon to find an adhesive loop to hang a keyring but keep coming up empty. Where did you find that pad?
I used these very cheap i just trimmed it down with a pair of side cutters.you can get them in black and clear i had some lying around .

cable tie sticky pads

Reactions: theDRONEranger
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony