DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Roll (Image Not Level) When Flying Left or Right

JustViewerFun

Reactions
I recently upgraded my Mavic to 1.04.0000 and have been testing the new and old flight modes. One difference (I think) I noticed was that the image was not staying level when pushing the right stick left or right. If I flew to the left (pushed the right stick left), the horizon would become higher on the left side of the image and lower on the opposite side. If I pushed the right stick to the right (flew right), then the horizon would be higher on the right side and lower on the left side of the image.

I don't remember my Mavic doing this before. Am I going crazy, or has anyone else noticed a difference like this between firmware versions?

Try doing a gimbal autocalibration before you fly. It takes a minute, and might help. Also do am IMU calibration just for good measure.

Make sure you have the gimbal mode set to "Follow" in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Gimbal-Mode.jpg

Reactions: Gazmg
Try doing a gimbal autocalibration before you fly. It takes a minute, and might help. Also do am IMU calibration just for good measure.

Test flight after calibration showed there is still some roll, but not as bad as before - I think. I rolled back to tried and true V1.03.0400. I'll to a test on that tomorrow.

Well, I looked through all of my footage over the last year of owning my Mavic and I see that the image tilted back then also. So, it isn't anything new, but it is most noticeable when you have a flat horizon like a the beach (over the ocean).

This isn't a gimbal calibration issue either. If I move the Mavic left, the left side of the image tilts higher. If I move the Mavic right, the right side of the image tilts higher.

I had the same issue. But the fix was pretty simple. Calibrate the IMU's first, then the gimbal. All worked as expected. Interestingly, this is the first time that I've ever seen the problem. At least there's an easy fix.

Reactions: Gazmg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters