DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Shake

Java1959

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi All,

This is a relatively new Mini 3 Pro and it seems to be having gimbal issues. Doesn't always happen but I caught a video of it today after running the calibration twice on it...

Any suggestions? I am using the Freewell clear lens on it for protection.

Any suggestions on further troubleshooting?

Thanks!

Does this occur during flight or just while landed? Your video only shows an issue while landed.
When it happens its not as pronounced while in flight, I will try to get another video while in flight.

Shortly after posting my original post I put a fresh battery in and the gimbal was rock solid both on the ground and in flight. But I'm sure it will happen again it seems to be intermittent.

Inspect the gimbal mount and the shock mountings on either side. Somethings not right with it. The metal mounting is extremely brittle and cracks like an egg given the slightest knock.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I ended up sending it to DJI. What I thought was some kind of fan noise (doesn't have a fan) was actually the gimbal. I reported it to DJI and they replaced the gimbal (or some part related to the gimbal) which was causing the problem. The issue was present out of the box. It occurred intermittently, I noticed it monthly while on the ground.

I ended up sending it to DJI. What I thought was some kind of fan noise (doesn't have a fan) was actually the gimbal. I reported it to DJI and they replaced the gimbal (or some part related to the gimbal) which was causing the problem. The issue was present out of the box. It occurred intermittently, I noticed it monthly while on the ground.
its a shame the only solution was sending it to DJI, I noticed that's the solution on most DJI forum posts. I have been epoxying the mini 3 pro gimbals where they crack, just bought ten of the plastic pieces to try and start replacing them. They crack in a three foot bump, pretty flimsy. this is me dronesetc.us

Reactions: SpinItUp
I have had this problem intermittently with my Mini 2 AND my Mini 3 Pro. It is frustrating. I have to land, cycle the drone on and off and then have a trouble free flight. It happens about once every 20 or so flights. Hmmm. I have not found a solution other than to cycle the gymbol prior to tack off and also to watch the unit activate to see if the gymbol moves freely on its own.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest