DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal was open and loose during shipping

maxcsr

Reactions
I sent my mavic back for repairs because it kept on giving me Battery Discharge Error. So they covered it under the warranty. Then I just received it today by UPS and as I open the mavic box I was SHOCKED.
The gimbal was completely out of the holding clamp and the plastic cover was not attached to it. As I picked it up I see the gimbal was free and moving as I'm taking it out the box.
I turned it on and see its still working but I'm afraid this could have cause damaged and in the future I might run to some malfunction.

What you guys recommend me to do? I wrote an email to DJI support its Saturday so I have to wait till Monday to be able to talk to them.

I can't test fly it because of the sever cold in NYC. I'm totally mad at DJI. How could they treat my mavic which costs over $1000 like this.
They sent me a survey review and I left them horrible review they deserve it.

I bought my MP last year July 2017. And since then I have sent my mavic back and forth to repair for at least 4 times. I haven't had the opportunity to fully enjoy it. I bought DJI care refresh which lasts only a year (in which I've been sending them back and forth) I havent had thr time to really fly it and be able to use the care refresh its almost going to expire in 5 months.

That's not good, can understand why you'd be concerned.

Personally I'd think damage caused by this would likely be obvious immediately and not over time like motor damage due to leaving clamp on.

I'd power it up and move it around, see if it works as it should.

See what DJI come back with. At least if you have emails with them, you can refer them to it if you do get a gimbal problem down the line.

Where the hell do you fly in the city other than by the Hudson or east river lol I’m from Jersey and just curious bro...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky