DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GO-4 4.1.18 on Android again - options

No need to get snarky.
It's a forum....
It's just how it is, always someone.

Me, I'd rather be outside away from my keyboard and flying my drone and using the app.....
If DJI & their team of monkeys were capable of making it work, then that's where I'd be and wouldn't have been on here.
Fingers crossed the downgrade to 4.1.15 worked and I can film again.

Muppert- FWIW I have the tablet you speak of as your own and have had no issues so far. I got the tablet as a refurb unit. Some issues have been with the apps but more so **IF** I try and use my iPhone which I no longer do.

Muppert- FWIW I have the tablet you speak of as your own and have had no issues so far. I got the tablet as a refurb unit. Some issues have been with the apps but more so **IF** I try and use my iPhone which I no longer do.

You mean the Samsung Tab A?
I haven't used it yet as it actually belongs to my son, but if I can't run on my Sony Experia XZ phone, then I'll go to the tablet.

Thanks for the suggestions to get back in the air, appreciate it.

Looks as though the 4.1.15 version is stable enough to use, so far no screen lags and full functions are going well.
Only two short flights.

You mean the Samsung Tab A?
I haven't used it yet as it actually belongs to my son, but if I can't run on my Sony Experia XZ phone, then I'll go to the tablet.

I do mean the Tab A by samsung. I have the info in my sig. And it was a unit I bought as a refurb device thru walmart. glad to see you got it running. I'll look to see if my tablet updated to a newer Android as I hope it didn't.

So I downloaded the AnTuTu app and ran it (see below) and feel a bit stupid. I realize that it is test such as these benchmarksI should be judging the product I want to buy instead of by price.
Muppet, this should give you an idea as to what your Tab A can/can't do.

Myself I'm still mystified by some of the numbers so if anyone care to enlighten us I'd appreciate it.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A numbers
Model SM-T350 28973 OS= Android 7.1.1. cpu is ARM Qualcomm
test results=
3d 1765 performance is mid-level
UX 11746 = ux data secure 3220, ux data process 1686, ux strategy games 2213, ux image process 2465, ux i/o performance 2162
cpu 11639 , math 2124, common use 4589, multi-core 4926
ram 3823
Geekbench results were-
single core 497 multi core 1341, one processor four core
base freq. 1.19ghz
integer score 1960, float point 957, memory score 841
Geekbench had a whole lot more info but too much to publish here.

Best I can figure out is the Samsung Tab A overall doesn't even show on the Antutu chart on their phone ranking but after all, it is a tablet.

Is there a similar chart for tablets? One I found was a 2014 test-
http://www.principledtechnologies.com/Intel/Tablet_benchmark_comparison_1014_v2.pdf

Or Geekbench had this-
Android Benchmarks - Geekbench Browser

Hope some of this helps. Thx for pointing out the Antutu link.

Last edited:
I do mean the Tab A by samsung. I have the info in my sig. And it was a unit I bought as a refurb device thru walmart. glad to see you got it running. I'll look to see if my tablet updated to a newer Android as I hope it didn't.
I use a Samsung a 8" Tab A. I am on the newest firmware and 4.1.18 go app. I problems with video on the intial release but after the 3rd update, it works flawlessly. Even the new Pano modes. I will not updating first next time.[emoji1]
I fly 1.30.3000 smiles all the way. If it ain't broke don't upgrade it

Reactions: jag32266
With my Pantoms and Inspire when I started needing to sign in where there was no internet nor cell service and couldn't use them I backed them back to the apps from last January 2017 but I have 4.1.18 on my MP and want to not have to sign in so I've downloaded to 4.1.15 but want to know how far back I can go and and have access with out signing in.

Screenshot_20171230-073503.png UPDATE -
I have made a discovery today relating to the screen lag and freezing issues.

I noticed that even though I have 'Cache to Device' set to OFF, the 4.1.18 version app has still stored a photo tile of the videos on the device. This is why the screen locks up.
It has always been an issue to take still photos, as the app ignores the Cache settings when taking still photos.
I have most often had screen freezing issues when taking photos as they store on the phone.

This 'feature' needs to be removed from the app if you check Cache to Off!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert