DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go 4 vs. Litchi vs. Autopilot

ProfPaul

Reactions
I've seen a few posts that mention Litchi and Autopilot.

Could someone who uses either or both of the alternative applications please explain them, as well as the pros and cons of Litchi and Autopilot versus DJI's Go 4 software?

I've seen a few posts that mention Litchi and Autopilot.

Could someone who uses either or both of the alternative applications please explain them, as well as the pros and cons of Litchi and Autopilot versus DJI's Go 4 software?

DJI Go is necessary for flight settings and is a pretty good overall app. Easy to use, free, well rounded for most flight functions but limited in automated functions like missions, mapping, panoramas, etc..

Of the remaining apps you mention, DJI GS Pro is the only one of the bunch that is free. Litchi is simple to use and missions can be created on a regular PC (much easier in my opinion), but costs a few bucks. FPV is about the same but without the computer functionality. Autopilot is much more feature-rich but is also a lot less user-friendly and has a much steeper learning curve.

Reactions: ProfPaul
DJI Go is necessary for flight settings and is a pretty good overall app. Easy to use, free, well rounded for most flight functions but limited in automated functions like missions, mapping, panoramas, etc..

Of the remaining apps you mention, DJI GS Pro is the only one of the bunch that is free. Litchi is simple to use and missions can be created on a regular PC (much easier in my opinion), but costs a few bucks. FPV is about the same but without the computer functionality. Autopilot is much more feature-rich but is also a lot less user-friendly and has a much steeper learning curve.

lisadoc - Thank you for the concise and clear comparison. I went ahead and ordered Litchi and I'm playing with it on my Spark while I am still here in Singapore. DJI notified me this morning that they have shipped my Mavic Pro Platinum order, which will go to my home near Buffalo, NY. I look forward to trying Litchi on the Mavic once I feel comfortable flying it using the Go 4 application. Sadly, GS Pro isn't available on Android systems, so I cannot try that.

My main interest is in the mission (waypoint) feature for videography. From your explanation, Litchi might be my best option for this.

My main interest is in the mission (waypoint) feature for videography. From your explanation, Litchi might be my best option for this.

I love Litchi for this very function. Even better is the Mission Hub website, which allows you to create your missions on a PC or Mac, and then upload them/save them for use on your device in the field. That alone is worth the cost of the app. Don't know why other apps haven't figured out this huge advantage.

Mission Hub - Litchi

I love Litchi for this very function. Even better is the Mission Hub website, which allows you to create your missions on a PC or Mac, and then upload them/save them for use on your device in the field. That alone is worth the cost of the app. Don't know why other apps haven't figured out this huge advantage.

Mission Hub - Litchi

Studying the help information for Litchi today, I learned that the waypoint function is not supported for Spark yet. I'll wait for it for Spark, and look forward to using it when I get back to Buffalo on my new Mavic Pro Platinum. I can't wait to use it.

My first post. I have been using Litchi now for about 6 months on a Phantom 3 Std (but about to upgrade to a Mavic Pro Plat). I've had no problems whatsoever with Litchi, and I particularly love the PC version of Mission Hub. I plan all my flights using Mission Hub and it automatically links up to my iPad Mini which I use to interface to the aircraft (my old eyes need the bigger screen when flying).

I only hope (but expect) my experience with the Mavic will be the same.
Regards
Ken

Does gsp pro a dji app?? If i crash while using it can i ask for a refresh??

A better one most dont know off for Android users is DroneHarmony and is free from Playstore. It is a mission planner and has many built in flight modes as well and is better than Litchi at camera angles and POI camera sweeping between WP with adjustable angle and height between WP for camera as well.
Has 3D displays of mission and land mapping as well as full 3 dimemstional mapping all compututed from easy WP placed on Map. Can input 3D obstacles on map for mission Planning to avoid when calculating. Or just just free draw way points and smooth out mission flow. Pause and adjust mission during mission flight or reverse, change speed up or down during mission.

DroneHarmony Examples
e3709d4c13ad86acf9af7c48eabfed68.jpg
9c102a7f82f9aa799c9dca5e04030113.jpg
b13ed9a85a3253e54a5e376f33470164.jpg
fe9ddbb4980577c84be9bb47478768a3.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members