Housenotes

Reactions
Flying to SAN Juan and Sailing to
St. John's, Antigua
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Fort-de-France, Martinique
Bridgetown, Barbados
Castries, St. Lucia

Can I take my Mavic 2 and where can I fly it?

I think most cruise wouldn't allow drones on board. They might hold it for you, until you reach port and you can retrieve it when you disembark.
If you do that, reach port, take it to fly at any location, lose track of time and return late, your cruise ship my leave without you. If you crash it or it gets lost, you'll either leave it behind, or get left behind.

Reactions: pmshop
I have been on a few Carnival cruises now with my Mavic Air and I have never had an Issue. Just dont attempt to fly it on the ship and you should be ok. I would also call the Cruise Line to make sure you are OK to bring it on as long as you fly it on the island. Also there are websites that will tell you what islands you can and cannot fly on as well as what permits you might need before you get there.

Reactions: charliesRig
As mentioned, many cruise lines will not allow you to bring a drone on the ship. One that I found that does is Royal Caribbean but you cannot fly in on the ship.

Saw the topic and got excited. Saw the responses, and a little less so. So now am wondering if anyone does tours to interesting places where they take care of all the paperwork so you can fly when you get there? Thinking of some photo tours I’ve seen where a photographer guides several guests to good places to shoot and makes arranges for permits where needed.

Googling "Disney Cruise Drone" found this list: What Items are Not Allowed on a Cruise | Disney Cruise Line

They specifically mention drones should not be brought on board.
So, hasn't anyone ever taken one onboard a Disney cruise only to not take it out except when de-boarding the ship for one of their stop overs. (where it probably is allowed) And how would they even know you brought it aboard if you NEVER take it out except when getting off the ship for one of your port stops!

So, hasn't anyone ever taken one onboard a Disney cruise only to not take it out except when de-boarding the ship for one of their stop overs. (where it probably is allowed) And how would they even know you brought it aboard if you NEVER take it out except when getting off the ship for one of your port stops!

Don't you go through security when boarding a cruise ship?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi