DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go to fly my Mavic and find this....WTF

That is insane, did you call the police. I wonder if your car insurance would cover person effects.
Sorry to go off topic but here in Michigan insurance is a slippery slope. This happened to us. Wife's car was hit by a farm tractor pulling out of a field, our insurance paid though she wasn't at fault. Both our cars we damaged by a tornado and our auto insurance paid for repairs, again not our fault. The claims occurred within an 11 month period and we were informed that any additional claim within 3 years from the first claim and we would be cancelled! JFWITW

Itried yo purchase a discounted mavic pro on ebaygot one for 450.00 when it arrived ,it had some damage no battery or controller,tried to pair it with my old controller i contacted ebay i wish i had investigated more im sure it had to be stolen, i really feel for you i like the idea of looking at pawn shops hope you are fortunate enough to get your baby. Back

Sorry to go off topic but here in Michigan insurance is a slippery slope. This happened to us. Wife's car was hit by a farm tractor pulling out of a field, our insurance paid though she wasn't at fault. Both our cars we damaged by a tornado and our auto insurance paid for repairs, again not our fault. The claims occurred within an 11 month period and we were informed that any additional claim within 3 years from the first claim and we would be cancelled! JFWITW
yup,wife had 3 wrecks in 3 years,none her fault but her rates went up because she was a ''participant ''

Also check craigslist for listings it may pop up. Had a friend do that and 3 months after his golf clubs went missing someone posted them. I dont golf but it was a goodluck for him. He reported it to the police and the guy got arrested.

Sorry to hear this. Yeah it really angers me that some people think that they can just steal stuff they want. They don’t know what it’s like to save up for something. This is why I never leave anything in view and always in the boot.

..you did register your drone right?
Wrong! The FAA does not register drones. It registers the drone pilot and unless that FAA number is one the drone in such a way as to prevent it from being removed and it crashes and is recovered, etc. etc. etc.

I think your best bet is the auto insurance. Good Luck!

So I decided today after work to go fly and film a little...but no, that isn't going to happen since someone smashed my window out of my car and stole my Mavic... It took me so long to save for that and now someone had to steal it...just got it in December. WTF. Why do people have to steal things that we work so hard for...well on a sad note it will be quite a while to save up for another hopefully, So keep your mavic safe
Hey bro that sucks I think dji can track it if they try to turn it on if you still have the box I think the radio signal info is on the box I’m sure they can help you if you had insurance they would would help to just a thought man

I have State Farm personal articles policy for my Mavic Pro. $54 here in New Jersey. My agent wrote the policy for the whole bundle. Everything in the box is covered, the controller, the batteries and even the case. She assured me everything is covered for theft and any kind of damage or loss. So far I haven't had to file a claim.

So I decided today after work to go fly and film a little...but no, that isn't going to happen since someone smashed my window out of my car and stole my Mavic... It took me so long to save for that and now someone had to steal it...just got it in December. WTF. Why do people have to steal things that we work so hard for...well on a sad note it will be quite a while to save up for another hopefully, So keep your mavic safe

Don't you have to register your drone with DJI to fly, if so does the DJI account get the Serial code of your drone??? If it does why couldn't a person file a stolen drone report to DJI and then who ever try's to fly it registers and then you can find out who has it!!!! Also does the flight info go over the Net and upload to your account and if so could a person (real Owner) see the location where it is at???

Not sure how it all works so this may not work!

Don't you have to register your drone with DJI to fly, if so does the DJI account get the Serial code of your drone??? If it does why couldn't a person file a stolen drone report to DJI and then who ever try's to fly it registers and then you can find out who has it!!!! Also does the flight info go over the Net and upload to your account and if so could a person (real Owner) see the location where it is at???

Not sure how it all works so this may not work!
its possible and easy to do but dji isnt likely to get involved,

Well if that person dumb enuff to seal it or fly it ....its possible to track it with your FAA number , ....you did register your drone right? plus you may want let the FAA or someone that it is stolen , so that you wont blame you for any mischief
FAA does not register drones so they cannot help you at all.

Reactions: lenzwizard
So sorry to hear about your stolen MP. I’m in Law Enforcement and see this type of theft more than I would like to admit. Please keep all your valuables in your trunk if possible and if you have an SUV with exposed trunk space make sure you pull back the trunk cover.

You would think that the next time your Mavic is used, it could be tracked through GPS and alerted to your phone

Dji or app or anything else will not work, drone already registered download go 4 app. Go fly. Dji does not care!!! You without mavic to them = another sale.

I'm putting a hidden tracker in my case, I just want to catch them so bad.

Reactions: Sir Marcus
Update:: well insurance wasn't much of help .. caulking this one up as a life lesson and will be doing thing different this time around. Some friends of mine felt so bad they took up a pool and they all chipped in some money and gave me 500 towards another one. Which I'll be honest with everyone, that made me choke up a bit...they knew my hobby was a passion and did that. What good friends. Well I need to save a little more and will get another one. This time I'm calling state farm for insurance on the mavic itself. Thank you to everyone with all the great help with this issue. You all are the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: spinmaker
Yeah I called and reported it...my insurance company I have to call tomorrow and talk with them. But don't think it's covered. I'm not sure. Just really bummed.
It might be covered under the home insurance. I'm a retired professional photographer and travelled a lot for my employer. My expensive photographic equipment was covered under my home insurance write up. The catch: there's always a deductible. You have to keep receipts and pictures of purchase.

Reactions: Sir Marcus
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2