DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go with the Zoom over the Pro

I'm glad I went with the zoom, especially since another member here concluded that the 2 Pro is not utilizing the full 1" sensor due to thermal problems, and the Phantom 4 Pro blows it away, lol.

How's MZ2 video quality vs. Mavic Pro 1 with optimized camera settings? Reviews are indicating image quality is the same other than zoom. But I'm not finding examples posted either way.

I received my Mavic Pro 2 today (along with a few other goodies) and had a chance to take if for a few spins. The camera is great with super color and clarity. However, I believe having a zoom will outweigh the increased camera quality for MOST users. Again, this is all a matter of preference but absolutely no zoom will probably drive me nuts.

Also, the CrystalSky is not updated for the Mavic Pro 2...yet. You can still fly the drone, just some of the features and functions do not work. At least they did not work for me.

I was able to synchronize the drone with the RE goggles with no issues.

For those on the fence, I just wanted to share an opinion from a Pro owner.

View attachment 44521
Get one or the other, and buy the other camera. It appears easy to swap out the cameras. YT is exploding with videos showing how to swap the cameras.
This guy does it, and follows up with videos to show that the DJI Go4 app thinks it's the other MP after the camera swap. i.e. if you have the zoom, you take out the zoom camera and install the Pro 2 camera onto the MP zoom body. After doing so, he demonstrates (another video) that the DJI Go4 app thinks the MP Zoom is a MP2, or vise versa, I can't recall.

There's actually another channel YT video that shows how to do the camera swap in more detail. It appears to be very easy.

The MP cameras are already available on ebay, and were available immediately after the release. So, somebody knew this was doable. I think they're sold out at the moment, but it won't be long (a year or less) until the market is flooded with them, and the price drops from the current $700.
As it stands now, $700 is a lot less than $1,449. In fact, it's less than 1/2. All that is needed (developers take note), is a compact case to protect the 'extra' camera.

If you are on vacation, you could zoom around, then the next day get more pixels. easy peasy. you will need to bring a few small tools; only.

There's discussions that the MP2 picture quality is not as good as the P4P. For MP2 owners, what is your experience?

My untrained eye thinks the P$P image is cooler, and that the MP2 has the yellowish image the MP1 (original) has. Those demonstrating the difference state that, for the test, the settings in the app are the same.

It is sometimes best to go with your initial instinct, you pulled the trigger on well thought use for you, don’t second guess your decision. I woulda shoulda will always cause you grief. It will cost you money to return and more money for the Mv2Pro. When you get the Mv2Pro you’ll get made that you can’t zoom in. If your a professional photographer and paid for your work go with the best possible equipment.
Why did Dji do it, so next year you’ll have to buy Mavic 2+Pro with Hasselblad zoom
Also you could enjoy your zoom and when the pro camera comes out as an accessory you can buy and swap if needed. That is what I plan to do.

Reactions: Fraino82
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys