DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles and phones with air?

vtech01

Reactions
I have the fly more pack with the white Goggles and they work well. I would like to have my phone in the controller and the goggles if possible but have not had any luck setting that up. Anyone else??

Thanks

i dont think its possible with the air, the goggles connect to the rc on the air correct? if they do they i dont think u can use both usb outputs at the same time, the mavic pro conncects to the goggles wireless so with that model u can use the phone as well

Reactions: Trevlam
I have the fly more pack with the white Goggles and they work well. I would like to have my phone in the controller and the goggles if possible but have not had any luck setting that up. Anyone else??

Thanks
I have my re goggles connected and also can view my flight on the connected iPad also { so I basically can wear the goggles or someone else and I can view the flight on the iPad also } just straight basic set up my goggles connect ted without cable to the mavic and the mavic connected with cable to rc

Last edited:

Thanks
Solved!
Connect your Android phone to the remote and connect to the Mavic Air as usual. Do not connect your DJI Goggles to the controller. Instead connect the DJI Goggles HDMI cable to a Microsoft Virtual Display adapter Part #: P3Q-00020 (~$60) which uses Miracast the same as smart TV's (These are great). Power the MS-VDA from a small portable USB battery bank to make the googles and MS-VDA totally portable. To bad the DJI Goggles are not USB OTG or they could power the MS-VDA directly. Connect your Android phone wireless to the MS-VDA using the Smartview control. You now can pilot the Mavic Air with the Remote and Android phone and have a second person UN-tethered with a full HD virtual display through the goggles. It works flawlessly. You can also use the DJI Googles with the MS-VDA to watch anything from your phone or Windows 10 computer wirelessly including netflix and Youtube. Enjoy!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet