DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles for Magic 3

Dulrick

Reactions
Really frustrating. I have a Mavic 3. Great product. But still NO GOGGLES. What’s up. Looks like DJI is pushing everything BUT the Mavic 3 in their store. And how many of us are willing to shell out $16,000+ for an Inspire. Imagine the disappointment for this lack of support after spending “that” kind of$$$. Lesser priced models have all the good stuff. I have had this in since the beginning and it has taken forever just to get “Waypoints”. Do I have to go back to my Phantom ? Sorry, after spending the premium price—I’m frustrated and I know I’m not alone!

Reactions: Deco
I think VLOS rules have a lot to do with DJIs decision with goggles in later models. When the MP1 was new, there weren't the regulations in place that have been enacted since.

• Love
Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I think VLOS rules have a lot to do with DJIs decision with goggles in later models. When the MP1 was new, there weren't the regulations in place that have been enacted since.
^^^ This.

I had the MP and the og goggles. It was awesome, no doubt. Certainly it could be done now nearly 5 years later. THIS is why it isnt. :(

DJI don't really put a lot of accountability thought into VLOS rules most developed country's have though . . .
Their advertising and marketing blurb is clear there, fly this far, without VLOS, etc, and of course they still sell drones with goggles such as their FPV and Avata.

The rules are clear though, you can fly with goggles with a visual observer present.
Pretty much most (proper) FPV videos online show small groups going to fly somewhere, taking turns to fly and very often tune in to watch others videos.

It isn't possible (legal) when alone, if you look at the rule technically, but remote many fly long FPV flights into mountains etc way beyond VLOS, just as pilots do using viewing devices like phones, tablets etc.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
DJI don't really put a lot of accountability thought into VLOS rules most developed country's have though . . .
Their advertising and marketing blurb is clear there, fly this far, without VLOS, etc, and of course they still sell drones with goggles such as their FPV and Avata.

The rules are clear though, you can fly with goggles with a visual observer present.
Pretty much most (proper) FPV videos online show small groups going to fly somewhere, taking turns to fly and very often tune in to watch others videos.

It isn't possible (legal) when alone, if you look at the rule technically, but remote many fly long FPV flights into mountains etc way beyond VLOS, just as pilots do using viewing devices like phones, tablets etc.
So, then why aren't they still making these goggles? They made a second iteration a year or so behind the og white goggles and then nothing since. Its been 5 years. Why?
Its certainly not because its not worth it to DJI considering they are making that little action camera and the handheld camera...not to mention the dozens of camera handheld gimbals they have offered in those 5 years since.. There has to be a reason. lol

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
So, then why aren't they still making these goggles?

You could say the same thing about 5 year old drones still perfectly serviceable, they could still be selling batteries hand over fist for.
They might be limiting goggles to the newer FPV style drones to force people the like the FPV experience to upgrade.
I guess DJI might have some reason for not making goggles work with their other consumer drones, besides protocols.
Maybe they are just too busy as it is producing what it offers now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian