DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles slipping off my head, anyone else?

Hey Rob -
I just received mine yesterday and had a heck of a time getting them anywhere near tight. I'm bald and had a miserable time with the slipping and fit as well. Woke up this morning and tried again for 15 minutes and nothing. Came home this evening after being fitted for glasses and was determined to figure it out. After 5 minutes I somehow came up with an adjustment and placement that worked. I don't know how or what the difference is but I did find my sweet spot.

Can you maybe post a picture of how they're placed on your head? Maybe someone can take a look and offer some advice in regard to placement. In the winter, would a thick beanie help? Maybe a cycling summer scalp cap?

Good luck.

Hey Rob -
I just received mine yesterday and had a heck of a time getting them anywhere near tight. I'm bald and had a miserable time with the slipping and fit as well. Woke up this morning and tried again for 15 minutes and nothing. Came home this evening after being fitted for glasses and was determined to figure it out. After 5 minutes I somehow came up with an adjustment and placement that worked. I don't know how or what the difference is but I did find my sweet spot.

Can you maybe post a picture of how they're placed on your head? Maybe someone can take a look and offer some advice in regard to placement. In the winter, would a thick beanie help? Maybe a cycling summer scalp cap?

Good luck.

Thanks Hookalakupa but I have tried for two weeks and I have found no position that stays put. I have had postions that work fine until I look down or flip up the goggles and then it becomes a real pain trying to fix them back into position while trying to keep the Mavic from crashing.

I really do not want to add any kind of beanie or swim cap because I honestly already feel kind of odd just wearing the goggles.

I am thinking either a neck strap or adding additional padding to the back.

Rob

Thanks Hookalakupa but I have tried for two weeks and I have found no position that stays put. I have had postions that work fine until I look down or flip up the goggles and then it becomes a real pain trying to fix them back into position while trying to keep the Mavic from crashing.

I really do not want to add any kind of beanie or swim cap because I honestly already feel kind of odd just wearing the goggles.

Rob
Ugh, that really sucks. You must not be too far removed from the picture below! :D j/k

Really hope you find a solution as a neck strap sounds like a great idea. Good luck as really hope you sort out a solution. gorilla_skull_three_quarter_by_jengabean.jpg

Reactions: Gp™ and Pathogen
In all seriousness I do not have any kind of bulge. I was wondering if most people do have a kind of bulge and that's why DJI designed them that way.

Well after some googling, apparently it is not anywhere near as common a thing as I had previously assumed. Supposedly its some genetic throwback to when we got smashed in the back of the skull a lot. Lucky for me I get to recycle the thing into a handy dandy DJI Goggle hook.

In any case it's not going to help me lifting the screen portion up with one hand while holding the controller.

Ugh, that really sucks. You must not be too far removed from the picture below! :D j/k

Really hope you find a solution as a neck strap sounds like a great idea. Good luck as really hope you sort out a solution. View attachment 15013

LOL my teeth are a little bigger but we definitely came from the same branch of the family tree:D:p:D

Rob

Reactions: hookalakupua
I was having the same issue until I cut my hair this morning. Not the best solution if you like your hair (I buzz every 30 days) but its definitely helped.

Maybe some type of chin strap attached on both sides like a hockey helmet might work. Just a thought.:rolleyes:

Rob

Have you considered supergluing them to your head?

I was having the same issue until I cut my hair this morning. Not the best solution if you like your hair (I buzz every 30 days) but its definitely helped.

Well there it is! OK lady boys, time to get the priorities straight and give up the luscious coif.

Well there it is! OK lady boys, time to get the priorities straight and give up the luscious coif.

LOL lets hope DJI does not come out with an accessory that requires a protective cup. Putting the made in China jokes aside;) it might require even more sacrifices.:eek:

And no I am not shaving my head to wear goggles, I am thinning out as is:mad:

Rob

Maybe a large hose clamp around the head band ? Don't know though if the clamp would compress enough to make any difference. Just a thought.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760