DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles slipping off my head, anyone else?

I am kind of curious though. I've never even been in a relationship. :p

LOL yeah right Thumbswayup
I have heard stories that Ms. Mavic sleeps on the pillow next to you :p:D

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: Pathogen
Has anyone else looked carefully at the back padding and noticed that it angled in what would seem to be the reverse way if you wanted to prevent it from slipping upward?

On one hand maybe they want you to squeeze that edge hard into the back of your head for traction but on the flip side would it not be better to have the angle the other way around.

Yeah I know its confusing, look at the foam at the back and you will see what I am talking about.

Rob

Have you thought Rob... what if... that top piece wasn't there? You know the forehead paddle thing? I keep feeling like it doesn't allow for it to slide down far enough?

Have you thought Rob... what if... that top piece wasn't there? You know the forehead paddle thing? I keep feeling like it doesn't allow for it to slide down far enough?

Yeah I keep looking at the padding and wishing that there was a simple way to remove it without damaging the goggles.
I would love to try and flip around that back piece and see if it makes a difference. also removing that front piece and see what that does. It's driving me crazy trying to find a sweet spot that I can keep the thing steady on my head and yet see all of the screen. I have to say the picture is dam pretty, it's about as good as I think they could make it, but the weight and the unwieldy size of the thing makes it hard to get things set right. I think I am just going to fly with it instead of fiddle around with it anymore.

On another note I have been using the red bar with the circled X in the middle of the top bar as a kind of focus tool. Without my glasses the X is blurry. I put on a pair of cheapo 1.25 reading glasses and the X is about 95% sharp. My wife tried it and said all she can see is a red dot LOL. So it's off to the optician for her.

Rob

Last edited:
I haven't tried it with my inspire 1 but I have tried it with my mavic and it's the best goggle out! They blow my headplays away.. The clarity is second to none!!

Reactions: Kilrah
Your not alone mine do the same but who cares they are so good it does not matter
I had to fit 3x magnifier glasses to mine like I did with Headplay HD
My Fatshark HD3 are fine in focus

Well after some googling, apparently it is not anywhere near as common a thing as I had previously assumed. Supposedly its some genetic throwback to when we got smashed in the back of the skull a lot. Lucky for me I get to recycle the thing into a handy dandy DJI Goggle hook.

In any case it's not going to help me lifting the screen portion up with one hand while holding the controller.
Buy a Neck Strap for your controller.

I have been plagued the need for constant adjustment of the goggles because the strap at the back of my head keeps sliding up if I look down or I flip up the lens.

Then I saw this video, Almost everything he says in there about the picture quality etc. IMHO is rubbish but the head slipping issue caught my attention since I am having the same problem.

I don't know if the back of my head is missing a normal bulge that holds these thing at a slope, but my head is evidently missing ito_O

Whats your experience been like?

Rob

The dude in this video is a freaking idiot, first step wash your hair, grease is slippery. Next cut that mop and buy a brush. Last step, try adjusting them ya hack and quit shaking your head around like a spastic idiot. This is a "how not to adjust your goggles" video.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
The dji goggles are definitely not for everyone . If you have a small head and myopic vision then they are great . I agree with most of what you said in the video . I have used several brands and types of goggles over the years and the Dji screen is awesome but lacking in some important areas . The need to wear reading glasses when you normally do not with other goggles is a big disappointment . They fog up as well and the second set of lenses introduce even more glare . A focus adjustment would have been a great improvement as you can't just let anyone put them on to share the flight experience without fiddling around with different strengths of glasses . Unless I am perfectly still when using them they do fall out of place and need to be constantly readjusted for proper fit . I would have preferred a non- flip design that had a small front facing camera that could be selected to quickly see what is in front of you . I'm sure for a certain percentage of the population they are fine but some things need addressing for the masses and people need to be aware of the downsides before dropping $450 on them . I sold mine after the first week .

I also do not have any noticeable bump at the base of my skull .

Reactions: mstampfli and Norm
Has anyone else looked carefully at the back padding and noticed that it angled in what would seem to be the reverse way if you wanted to prevent it from slipping upward?

On one hand maybe they want you to squeeze that edge hard into the back of your head for traction but on the flip side would it not be better to have the angle the other way around.

Yeah I know its confusing, look at the foam at the back and you will see what I am talking about.

Rob

For those of us who might have longer hair, I solved the "Slip" by tying a pony tail high up on the back of my head. Place the back band on the goggles lower than where the pony tail is tied. Felt okay and did not slip when I lifted the visors. That's all I got. But, it (slippage) is definitely an issue for me also.

You could always try super gluing some Velcro to the back of your head. If that don't work staples might, my craptastic goggles don't stay on my head either.:p

I have been plagued the need for constant adjustment of the goggles because the strap at the back of my head keeps sliding up if I look down or I flip up the lens.

Then I saw this video, Almost everything he says in there about the picture quality etc. IMHO is rubbish but the head slipping issue caught my attention since I am having the same problem.

I don't know if the back of my head is missing a normal bulge that holds these thing at a slope, but my head is evidently missing ito_O

Whats your experience been like?

Rob
I was in the same boat and needed a solid solution. I bought a cheap bicycle helmet and used the straps to fashion a chin strap which allowed me to flip up the goggles using one hand and the confidence that they would not go crashing to the ground when I had my hands full. hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20170725_071522.jpg
    20170725_071522.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 111
For those of us who might have longer hair, I solved the "Slip" by tying a pony tail high up on the back of my head. Place the back band on the goggles lower than where the pony tail is tied. Felt okay and did not slip when I lifted the visors. That's all I got. But, it (slippage) is definitely an issue for me also.

Man bunn

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair