DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles slipping off my head, anyone else?

I have just put my DJI Goggles on the kitchen digital scales (very accurate). By using two pivot points, one for the front of the rim and one for the back of the rim I was able to assess the weight distribution for the visor in the up position and in the down position.

In the down position it turns out that 80% of the weight is on the front rim and 20% on the rear rim. In the up position it gets worse.

Examination of the rim shows the angle of the inner rim is not at right angles to the force applied when tightening the rim. This tends to move the goggles upwards away from the line of force.

These two factors add up to a design fault that causes the goggles to be unstable unless considerable friction between the rim and the wearers head is relied upon.

Friction between the goggles and the wearer's head can be increased by:
1. Wearing a rubberised cap.
2. Shaving one's head.
3. Increasing the width of the rim.
4. Tightening the rim to just below the pain threshold of the individual.
Well I neither need a rubberized cap, nor do I need to shave my head, or tighten until it hurts, to have these rest comfortably on my head without slipping off or giving me neck pain. I guess to each their own.

Well I neither need a rubberized cap, nor do I need to shave my head, or tighten until it hurts, to have these rest comfortably on my head without slipping off or giving me neck pain. I guess to each their own.

Yes, I guess to each their own. Ha ha.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Here is version 2 of.my DJI Goggles stabiliser snap-on, now with adjustable angle. Note soft black rubber cushion instead of previous sheepskin. Very lightweight and comfortable. Almost impossible to shake off my goggles now.

I agree. PVC or 3D printed in matching white would be a better option. Aluminium was easier for me to prototype however and it dosn't seem to affect functionality (I did PVC tape the inner side). Head shape is definitely the problem. DJI Goggles seem to work much better on Asian heads than Caucasian heads, something to do with anthropological differences.
Ref: A comparison between Chinese and Caucasian head shapes. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:
I have the same problem. I have the Sony PS4 VR Goggles which are similar and they stay put.

DJI really needs to redesign these..

didn't seem
to be very effective(maybe because the
block ability replaced parry), has anyone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje