Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Going for a ride on a harbour pilot boat

@blackomega ,thanks for sharing another one of your great videos

OMM

Reactions: blackomega
Nice and thanks for sharing.

Had the opportunity to join the crew of the Pilot Boat Pacific Chinook for some sea trials. She had just undergone some engine work and needed to stretch her legs.
Bring your drone they said. You betcha
Well...since you asked!!! :D

Great video - up close and all! Is the boat driven by propeller or water jets?

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Well...since you asked!!! :D

Great video - up close and all! Is the boat driven by propeller or water jets?

Thank you very much for watching the captain was very interested enthusiastic about me flying my drone around his boat he kept on asking me can you get this shot and I said definitely

I don’t know too many specifics about the boat other than yes it is a twin jet system with Detroit Diesel engines

Reactions: Prop Wash
Did they stop the boat for you when it was time to recover the drone?
Well we learned a lesson that day. i have never attempted to recover a drone whilst on a moving object. to make a long story short my mini crashed into the roof of the wheelhouse. two slightly damaged props but otherwise intact. Next time we will stop the boat.

Reactions: old man mavic
Did they stop the boat for you when it was time to recover the drone?
Well we learned a lesson that day. i have never attempted to recover a drone whilst on a moving object. to make a long story short my mini crashed into the roof of the wheelhouse. two slightly damaged props but otherwise intact. Next time we will stop the boat.
Ah, ouch. I was wondering how you did it, because it's not as easy with the Mini as it is with the Phantom which has long legs to grab hold of.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fly2pro