DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gotten insurance with State Farm? If so please read!

Not sure about the SS#, but its tied to you like a credit score.
Anything you have ever done that was recorded and stuff that you did that you don't even remember is stored under that number, including ancient hard copy info now digitized and other info from before the 80's or since you were born is stored.
THEY know you!
(We just have to figure out who THEY are.)

Had to do the rant, I feel better now.

Called Florida guy but he said needed to see in person to do it. Any of these allow it done sight unseen?

I'm in CT and am working with Dow Cote, based on the file in the original post . He seems nice and had no qualms at all when I said I wanted to insure a drone. The file said the premium was $50 but Dow said about 6 months ago it went up to a minimum of $60.

My drone is used - I purchased it from eBay and told the agent so, and he said that's not an issue at all.

I'll follow up here when I get everything sorted out to share my experience

I'm in CT and am working with Dow Cote, based on the file in the original post . He seems nice and had no qualms at all when I said I wanted to insure a drone. The file said the premium was $50 but Dow said about 6 months ago it went up to a minimum of $60.

My drone is used - I purchased it from eBay and told the agent so, and he said that's not an issue at all.

I'll follow up here when I get everything sorted out to share my experience
I'm now it CT too, let me know what happens and share the agents contact info.
Thanks

So the agent told me I might as well add other things of value I own into the policy because the drone is *relatively* inexpensive. I listed out some camera equipment, jewelry, and musical instruments which I sent to him with their value and he told me everything combined could be covered for the same $60. My TV couldn't be covered for some reason.

I'm having second thoughts though as I research more. All of my things I listed out are only worth $1000 or less (individually), and the more research I do, the less it makes me want to make a claim if my drone gets damaged or lost. It seems that yes, the premium for THIS policy is cheap, but if I make a claim it will affect other policies I have similar to a credit score. Not sure if it's worth it to insure a drone anymore...

I'm now it CT too, let me know what happens and share the agents contact info.
Thanks

I just got the contact information from the file on the original post of this thread.

Thanks for this! I just called the agent in Raleigh (I'm in NC).
The woman said any claims would not count against us (we have all of our policies with SF).
She is supposed to get back to me with a quote later today that includes the drone itself as well as general liability.
She said it makes no difference if the policy is underwritten for me personally or for an LLC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica