DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS Data Error. DJI support weren’t very supportive.

mattchuuu

Reactions
Hey legends,

I’ve had a doosy of a fortnight trying to get my Mavic Pro back up in the air.
I’m on the road now for a while and can’t take to a dji center.
I had a crash, repaired the front arm, fixed the gimbal cable and all went well... then I got GPS disconnect, I bought a new GPS module from a trusted company in Bilbao, Spain.

Put the new gps in... and I got the attached below
B0591F1A-0D5C-4A86-A436-F161884F6CE3.png
All cables and solders are in great condition.
Dji support couldn’t tell me what it may have been, they just say “bring it to a Center”

I can’t do that for a few weeks, and I really just want to get it up.
I’ve done all calibrations to no avail.

Help!?

#1... why did you replace the GPS in the first place? Error message or just no GPS signal? My first thought is that the GPS you bought is faulty. Does you old one give you that message?

#2... Open teh Mavic up and see if the white GPS connector on the ESC board is loose or just simply not making 100% contact. It must be making partial contact because its giving you an error.

#3...Worst case you might need to replace your ESC board. If you were competent enough to replace an arm, you can do the ESC board.

Reactions: mattchuuu
Sorry, I didn’t explain that very well. I Replaced the old one because it was coming up with “GPS DISCONNECT” after fixing everything else but everything was connected. And when I checked sensors, compass 1 was non operational. I checked all forums and threads on that one. But this error after replacement I haven’t seen anywhere?

Surely the new GPS can’t be faulty, it’s brand new from a reputable repairer and DJI reseller?

Are you talking about the connector when you open up the top shell that connects the module? Or should I check under the other side of the ESC board?

If the ESC board sees a new gps module and gives a new error all together, could it be something else such as a different module? Are there differing types of modules for the mavic 1? So many questions sorry man.

Appreciate your help.

Are you talking about the connector when you open up the top shell that connects the module? Or should I check under the other side of the ESC board?

If the ESC board sees a new gps module and gives a new error all together, could it be something else such as a different module? Are there differing types of modules for the mavic 1? So many questions sorry man.

The GPS/compass connector goes from the GPS unit to the white connector on top of the ESC board. There is some variation in modules but they all should work. You might buy a different one and try it.

So, you aren't going to like this... But with all the money you've spent on ESC & GPS boards you could have purchased a refurbished drone only on eBay. Sell this PoS for parts on eBay and sell all the additional ESC & GPS Boards as well, then buy a refirbished "Drone Only" like this one:

So, you aren't going to like this... But with all the money you've spent on ESC & GPS boards you could have purchased a refurbished drone only on eBay. Sell this PoS for parts on eBay and sell all the additional ESC & GPS Boards as well, then buy a refirbished "Drone Only" like this one:

Well, typically that would be a better move, however, I am only out of pocket at around $110 since I already had 3 GPS modules already and returned the other ESC boards (one was definitely defective). I have an MP Platinum that I fly daily so this will be a backup. I have performed repairs on several Mavics, not just my own but also as a service that I provide with my business. I really just want to know what the problem is in hopes of sharing a verified fix with the community, not to mention the personal satisfaction gained!

Well, typically that would be a better move, however, I am only out of pocket at around $110 since I already had 3 GPS modules already and returned the other ESC boards (one was definitely defective). I have an MP Platinum that I fly daily so this will be a backup. I have performed repairs on several Mavics, not just my own but also as a service that I provide with my business. I really just want to know what the problem is in hopes of sharing a verified fix with the community, not to mention the personal satisfaction gained!
Hey …I have the exact same issue …were you able to get this resolved?? If so, what was the solution

My Mavic Pro Platinum flew backward into high-tension cables when a Litchi waypoint flight went awry. Though it tested fine and flew another waypoint mission after the crash, a subsequent test of the drone resulted in that dreaded GPS error message, so I'm following this thread as well. I ordered a replacement top half of the chassis, so maybe replacing the cracked one will do the trick.

Attachments

• Back plate Crack.JPG
    Back plate Crack.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78