DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Great Haseley Windmill

Jeremy Clark

Reactions
So say a sad farewell to my Mavic Air 2. It's currently living high in a tree where it got stuck filming this beautiful windmill near Oxford. It was far too high to climb or to have any effect shaking the tree.The footage was taken from back-up's on the controller so aren't the usual 4K quality. A new one is on the way thanks to insurance. Thanks to Jess for helping me trying to retrieve it, & for filming the hand held footage. And thanks to John Alexander for permission to fly & film at the windmill

So say a sad farewell to my Mavic Air 2. It's currently living high in a tree where it got stuck filming this beautiful windmill near Oxford. It was far too high to climb or to have any effect shaking the tree.The footage was taken from back-up's on the controller so aren't the usual 4K quality. A new one is on the way thanks to insurance. Thanks to Jess for helping me trying to retrieve it, & for filming the hand held footage. And thanks to John Alexander for permission to fly & film at the windmill
My condolences! Nice flying. Please tell me how to retrieve the footage in the controller if I ever need to do that.

I use a Smart Controller. For the life of me, I couldn’t get my MacBook to recognise it even using a usb connection. So instead, I put a Micro SD card in the smart controller and transferred the files to that. Then simply used a micro sd card reader to transfer the files to my Mac. They’re “preview” files so not top quality, but we’re usable

Reactions: Thomas B
Did you loose the drone in one of those trees that you photographed around the windmill?
Nice video by the way, very nice.
Thanks for the kind comments. Yup, the grove of fir trees near the windmill while I was doing a manual circular arc. No side sensors. I looked down briefly at the controller. Misjudged my height and distance from trees and flew sideways into them. Purely pilot error I’m sad to say and I feel a bit embarrassed. First major accident in over a year, and it was terminal ??

It's a pity these were really beatiful shots, nice environment and fantastic sky to film. Goog luck with the new one..

Reactions: Jeremy Clark
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi