DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great memory cards for DJI drones (November 2021)

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
Looking for a quality memory card for your DJI drone? Here are several great choices:

Interested in understanding the symbols and differences between common memory cards? See more details in this guide:

Looking for a quality memory card for your DJI drone? Here are several great choices:

Interested in understanding the symbols and differences between common memory cards? See more details in this guide:

I use the 128GB Sandisk Extremes and great cards. No issues and decent prices as well.

These are all good cards IMHO...I personally prefer the SanDisk 64GB Extreme...sometimes there are even better deals than $14.99 US, but that's usually what I pay for them. I have 128GB and 256GB also, but I mainly use the 64GB because I don't have the Mavic 3 Pro (yet??) and don't need the greater space. It would also be tempting to leave too many things on the disk between downloads and that would open me up to possible disk corruption.
Additionally, I found this 5TB external that works seamlessly with my PC and all my laptops:

@msinger gave some good suggestions. Of the group I would recommend the Samsung EVO 128gb at 90mbps for $21. I used Samsung cards and never had an issue. I would suggest buying at least two and keep one in your case because you KNOW that one day you'll forget. I know I have and the one in my case saved me.

While 64gb cards are more than adequate, for the price of the 128's I would tell you not to bother with the smaller cards. Like the time you will forget to load a card in your drone you'll forget to delete files on your card and get short of space. That's only happened to me once, with a 64gb card.

The above list is a good guide to individual SD cards that work well within their rating, but perhaps you want to edit it. Until @slup put up the speed chart I didn't fully understand the correlation between the V speeds and the UHS speeds. [I'm going to repost his chart below for convenience] While I still like your recommendations, the MB/sec you have listed are incorrect. The two 128GB and 256GB cards, while very good cards and excellent values are UHS3 (30 MB/sec) not V90.

Having said that, the 128GB V90's are more almost 5x more expensive than the UHS3/V30's. I think this chart is invaluable as we move forward with better/faster cameras with more resolution and frame rates. FWIW my Mavic 2 Pro and Mini 2 operate fine on UHS3 rated cards (I like Samsung EVO's a lot). If I had a Mavic 3 or Evo II I would probably be upgrading to V60 or 90 cards.

Thanks slup for posting the chart. It explains a lot.

1638813785360-png.139692

Reactions: slup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d