DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greater Chicagoland area, IL

Reactions
Looking to make this a regular place to catch up and post for some get together meet ups. I'm in the Western Burbs, but I'm all over the area with friends and work. Hit me up here. I'm learning but I'm a fast study

Thanks,

Accidental Drone Pilot

I'm a new MP owner in the western burbs as well and learning. What are some good place where its not against the rules to fly? I only know that Lisle Park District allow recreational drones

Im in Grayslake area with a new MP and now that the weather has cleared a bit, I will be looking for some areas to practice in. I have 6 batteries, car charger and a Tahoe so I can go almost anywhere... PM me if interested, I'm looking to maybe setup a flying club in the area.

Reactions: sappercap
I’m up in Libertyville. I heard Independence Grove doesn’t allow drones, but trying to start checking more forest preserves soon. Let me know if you guys find anywhere interesting up here.

I know dupage and will does not allow, I think cook does not allow either, but dupage and probably cook have some model aircraft field that permit use... Technically need a permit though at least in dupage

Wrote an email to the Lake County Forest Preserves and they responded....
IMG_5004.JPG

Guys, I will be in Chicago in Oct.
In case anyone wants to collaborate, lets do it and get the shots :)

I'm in Volo. Would be happy to fly with anyone around.

For the forest preserves. Just take off from the side of the road and go over the forest preserve. They can't control the airspace.

There are quite a few places within the Cook County system that allow drone flying. Not all are associated with RC fields -

Model Airplanes & Drones - Forest Preserves of Cook County

I'm always up for flying with new folks. Feel free to contact me. I fly fixed wing RC, big home-brew quads, and am new to the Mavic pro 2. I like the south suburban fields, but also fly on Lake Michigan (sometimes off my boat in Diversey Harbor).

There are quite a few places within the Cook County system that allow drone flying. Not all are associated with RC fields -

Model Airplanes & Drones - Forest Preserves of Cook County

I'm always up for flying with new folks. Feel free to contact me. I fly fixed wing RC, big home-brew quads, and am new to the Mavic pro 2. I like the south suburban fields, but also fly on Lake Michigan (sometimes off my boat in Diversey Harbor).
Looking to meet others that have experience with drones and rules and regs, tips and advise, I have mavic pro and am new to this hobby

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato