DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings and Salutations

JustDavid

Just a grumpy old man with too many drones
Reactions
Hello all, been lurking for a few weeks and thought I should introduce myself.

Have had some health concerns which have limited my ability to a whole lot other than work and come home and sit. I wanted a hobby that would get me off my *** and doing something outside, but wouldn't tax me too much. I've had a couple toy drones which aggravated the heck out of me because they were so hard to fly. A friend and I were talking about our cheap drones and I started researching better drones about 4 months ago. Watched a lot of YouTube, read a lot of reviews, and learned a lot about flying better quality drones. I bought a Holy Stone drone, had a lot of fun, and a lot of crashes. Learned a lot, got better at flying. Bought a few better HS drones, learned a lot more. Then my friend got a heck of a good deal on a Mavic Pro Platinum from his cousin. Once I saw it, and heard how easy it was for him to fly, I was hooked. I bought my Mavic Pro Platinum back the first week of September.

Next steps are to do a lot of studying in order to get my Part 107.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0ROJYyg.png

JustDavid I am very inspired by your introduction. You took baby steps and that's the way you do it. If you've been lurking then you know how we operate. Anything you want to know (any subject) can be accessed thru the search tool (upper right hand corner). If it's not there just ask the forum and someone has an answer for you.

We welcome you to the community and have fun.

Reactions: JustDavid
@JustDavid Welcome - I am also a fairly new member. I had an interest in drones so I bought a Mavic Air. The company I work for has a Matrice 200 and nobody had even taken it out of the case. Since I so much enjoyed my MA, I decided I would want to try the 200 so I became 107 certified - Trust me if I can do it anybody can - it is just a matter of putting in the time to study - not really hard - good luck with your endeavors !

Welcome to the forum! :)

You can find a list of commonly used FAA Part 107 study guides here.

Hello all, been lurking for a few weeks and thought I should introduce myself.

Have had some health concerns which have limited my ability to a whole lot other than work and come home and sit. I wanted a hobby that would get me off my *** and doing something outside, but wouldn't tax me too much. I've had a couple toy drones which aggravated the heck out of me because they were so hard to fly. A friend and I were talking about our cheap drones and I started researching better drones about 4 months ago. Watched a lot of YouTube, read a lot of reviews, and learned a lot about flying better quality drones. I bought a Holy Stone drone, had a lot of fun, and a lot of crashes. Learned a lot, got better at flying. Bought a few better HS drones, learned a lot more. Then my friend got a heck of a good deal on a Mavic Pro Platinum from his cousin. Once I saw it, and heard how easy it was for him to fly, I was hooked. I bought my Mavic Pro Platinum back the first week of September.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new MPP, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead