DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from North Florida

Homedrone

Reactions
Hello all, I just purchased a DJI Air 2S and it is my first drone. Obviously I have a ton to learn and have watched all the obligatory YT videos regarding this model. I’m sure I will be doing a ton of reading/lurking here to absorb as much info as possible. I will try not to ask any “dumb” questions as I’m sure just about everything is covered here to some extent. I look forward to learning as much as possible from the experienced pilots here.

Why am I here?.... Well, my world has completely changed in the COVID era. I’m 56, lost my corp IT job of over 10 years, I have health issues, and I’m tired of working for someone else. Not a great situation to be in at this stage of my life and I really don’t want to return to the corporate environment.The plan is to get a commercial license and hopefully work for myself in the future.

Why a drone?.... I’m an Army vet and former UH1 helicopter crew chief, so combined with my experience in the IT field and my love for visual media.... It seems like a natural fit. We’ll see, but I have been trying to figure out where I go from here given my current circumstances and this seemed like a relatively inexpensive “foot in the door” opportunity to do something I enjoy and maybe put a few bucks in my pocket.

Just wanted to say hello before I dive into the forums. ✌️

Bill

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America Homedrone.

Nice to meet you Bill. ?

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

I just purchased a DJI Air 2S and it is my first drone. Obviously I have a ton to learn
Here are some things to help you get started with your Air 2S:
  • The current Air 2S manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Air 2S downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Air 2S manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Air 2S.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Hello all, I just purchased a DJI Air 2S and it is my first drone. Obviously I have a ton to learn and have watched all the obligatory YT videos regarding this model. I’m sure I will be doing a ton of reading/lurking here to absorb as much info as possible. I will try not to ask any “dumb” questions as I’m sure just about everything is covered here to some extent. I look forward to learning as much as possible from the experienced pilots here.

Why am I here?.... Well, my world has completely changed in the COVID era. I’m 56, lost my corp IT job of over 10 years, I have health issues, and I’m tired of working for someone else. Not a great situation to be in at this stage of my life and I really don’t want to return to the corporate environment.The plan is to get a commercial license and hopefully work for myself in the future.

Why a drone?.... I’m an Army vet and former UH1 helicopter crew chief, so combined with my experience in the IT field and my love for visual media.... It seems like a natural fit. We’ll see, but I have been trying to figure out where I go from here given my current circumstances and this seemed like a relatively inexpensive “foot in the door” opportunity to do something I enjoy and maybe put a few bucks in my pocket.

Just wanted to say hello before I dive into the forums. ✌️

Bill
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Greetings!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard