DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from NYC

Reactions
Hey Everyone,

Just picked up my mavic pro today and looking forward to being an active member and maybe meeting up once I get the hang of everything.

Best,
C.Pineapple

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hello! How is flying in the city regarding the NFZ?
I'll be there over the Summer and I'm really looking forward to catch some shots on the city.
But I know it crowded up on the sky...
Any thoughts?
Thanks

Hello! How is flying in the city regarding the NFZ?
I'll be there over the Summer and I'm really looking forward to catch some shots on the city.
But I know it crowded up on the sky...
Any thoughts?
Thanks

well in the CITY as in manhattan. you can technically FLY but the whole island is a NFZ. its not that crowed in all reality for many reasons. but the main is that its illegal and the buildings create a lot a lot a lot of magnetic interference. its mainly why you only see videos of the same areas in the city. but outside of that flying in brooklyn,brox & quens is fine. you always have to watch out for Heli's a lot fly low like 350feet ish.

Reactions: Akoztha
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .0ROJYyg.png

well in the CITY as in manhattan. you can technically FLY but the whole island is a NFZ. its not that crowed in all reality for many reasons. but the main is that its illegal and the buildings create a lot a lot a lot of magnetic interference. its mainly why you only see videos of the same areas in the city. but outside of that flying in brooklyn,brox & quens is fine. you always have to watch out for Heli's a lot fly low like 350feet ish.
Great info.
How about Central Park?
Thanks!

Great info.
How about Central Park?
Thanks!

i mean its the same thing its IN THE CITY so its illegal. but there are a few places you can take off from in the park. but its risky because all a park ranger would have to do is spot your drone and follow it to the landing spot. but as im sure youve seen plenty of people do it. so just be careful.

Reactions: Akoztha
I'm in midtown right now but any suggestions where I can take it for the first flight? Looking for somewhere easy and chill.

I’d try right across the water on Roosevelt Island- like south over the newly renovated ~ramp and park by the new college campus. Or a bit further across the water in Long Island city piers! Nice and close, kind of. Lol. Best of luck to u!

Welcome to MavicPilots!

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy that Mavic Pro, still one of the best machines in its class. Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ