Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

GSM/GPS trackers?

RollingRob

You can find a list of trackers that would be small enough to mount here. Mounting them on the Mavic might be tricky though.
Great info although such conflicting info on reviews on amazon and ebay, dont know what to beleive. I would have thought numerous pilots might have had some real life first-hand knowledge. I purchased the trackimo, new for $85 before noticing it was the 2g model but picked it up way below the +115 prices. I think i may return it before opening it. I like the extended batt life of the marco polo but don't know seeking system with hand held device would work out. I guess time will tell. I will share my experience if i buy one. thanks for the great support, this is a fantastic forum.

generaltso

FYI - PocketFinder sent me an email today stating that AT&T 2G service for them is done January 2017 (next month) so you ONLY want a 3G tracker from here on out in the USA.
Yep, T-Mobile will still keep 2G GSM around for the time being, but most of the trackers seem to use AT&T towers. Anyone buying a GSM tracker at this stage should absolutely stay away from anything that's 2G.

RollingRob

Canceled my order, now pondering ordering 3G model of same type or other alternative, but think I want to stay with gps type, Che
Cheap insurance even if it's 5 bucks month after the free 12 months Thanks for the heads up about 2g model everyone even if it were to stay around a while,

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rookiepilot