DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

H.264 Or H.265 which one?

The limit for Davinci Resolve free version is 8bit H265 so you won't be able to edit your 10bit footage.

If you only have the free version, you also cannot use hardware acceleration for H265. The Studio version unlocks GPU acceleration for H265.

So if you have the free version, buying Davinci Resolve Studio should solve the problem. If you already have the Studio version, then I am not sure what is going on.
Thanks @CanadaDrone, that's my problem. I do have the free version. It has worked flawlessly for over a year. This clears up the mystery of my problem. I must have watched 5 videos on this "Media Offline" anomaly, nobody mentioned the limitation of the free version. I guess I'll need to go back to using PP to edit things when I'm shooting 4K@60FPS.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Thanks @CanadaDrone, that's my problem. I do have the free version. It has worked flawlessly for over a year. This clears up the mystery of my problem. I must have watched 5 videos on this "Media Offline" anomaly, nobody mentioned the limitation of the free version. I guess I'll need to go back to using PP to edit things when I'm shooting 4K@60FPS.

You're welcome - glad you at least know that the problem is now.

It looks like DaVinci is still running the free Speed Editor bundle, so if you did want to purchase the full version (Studio), it's a phenomenal value (the Speed Editor is a $300 USD product on it's own):

You're welcome - glad you at least know that the problem is now.

It looks like DaVinci is still running the free Speed Editor bundle, so if you did want to purchase the full version (Studio), it's a phenomenal value (the Speed Editor is a $300 USD product on it's own):

Thanks again! That speed editor keyboard looks awesome. That's a great buy. However it appears I'd have to take a college class to learn how to use that keyboard. It appears to be way more than I need for my simply video edits. Since my son has a PP license, I'm using one of his 3 keys to use PP on my desktop at home. PP handles the 10bit H.265 just fine. Since I have used PP in the past, it will be an easy relearning curve for what I need.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Yes and the Speed Editor is very good quality, heavy and USB-C and Bluetooth

Thanks again! That speed editor keyboard looks awesome. That's a great buy. However it appears I'd have to take a college class to learn how to use that keyboard. It appears to be way more than I need for my simply video edits. Since my son has a PP license, I'm using one of his 3 keys to use PP on my desktop at home. PP handles the 10bit H.265 just fine. Since I have used PP in the past, it will be an easy relearning curve for what I need.

Honestly, it's very easy - a couple quick YouTube tutorials and you'd be good to go. For basic editing there's only a few keys you would even use, it's just faster and smoother than a traditional mouse & keyboard. The wheel is properly weighted and the keyboard is mechanical - it's an extremely well made piece of equipment.

Use whatever you're comfortable with though for sure, if you already have Premiere that is a very capable program as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark