DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hanger 360

I would just like to be independent. They have a nice service but who knows, perhaps, tomorrow they change their mind and close their service , everything.
We will loose everything.

I am not too fond of a third party having my pictures and only being able to view them on their site.
I'd agree with you if I had paid for the Hangar 360 app but... it's free so it's kinda hard to argue with them about their control of the finished product.

I would just like to be independent. They have a nice service but who knows, perhaps, tomorrow they change their mind and close their service , everything.
We will loose everything.
No problem. Have hangar take the pix. Download the images and use something like Microsoft Ice or Photoshop put them together. The resolution will be better too.

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Hi guys, I have noted that the 360° photos here are ALL coming from Hangar. No way to publish an interactive photo "do it yourself" here?

Maybe there is another simpler way. But I copied and pasted from my Facebook page the 360 photo that I made on the nice "borgo" of San Miniato, near Pisa in Tuscany. You can click the link or copy and paste in your browser. What about privacy rules here. Am I allowed to refer to my FB page?
Bruno Grassi

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have noted that the 360° photos here are ALL coming from Hangar. No way to publish an interactive photo "do it yourself" here?

Yes, Hugin does a good job of creating 360 panoramics. I use it instead of Hanger 360 because it is stand-alone software on my computer, and I can export the photos anywhere I want. And its free. However, there are not a lot of venues where you can display 360 panoramic photos. Facebook and YouTube both will handle 360 photos and I post there all the time. Do a search on this forum for Hugin and you should turn up some discussion. Also, search on YouTube for tutorials. The benefit of Hanger360 is that you can embed their photo anywhere, such as on this site, and it will show in proper 360 format because it is on their cloud. Although you may be able to do that with YouTube and Hugin photos, as well.

P.S., I used the Litchi app to capture the photos used in Hugin.

Hi Maxheadspace. Thank you for your detailed answer. I have tried a couple of time to use Hangar 360, I mean: send the photos etc. but without success. So I have been looking for alternatives. What I found out is already enough satisfactory for my purpose, but I'll try Hugin as well and let you know. Fly safe!

Max, wonderful landscape, wonderful picture and wonderful work with Hugin. In the '90s I have been there with my family for some holydays. Lucky to live in California....
Tuscany is not worse ehe!

Reactions: Maxheadspace
OK Bruno, I'm doing the same. Facebook with 360 of La Jolla, California. This is made with Hugin.

Rotor Teknika

Couple of stitching errors with that hole at the nadir and the horizon. Challenging lighting and with a flat sea so understandable. I would just double check you got the FOV and other lens settings right in hugin.

Awesome shot though, one of those yeah you spend a good deal of time looking around :)

Couple of stitching errors with that hole at the nadir and the horizon. Challenging lighting and with a flat sea so understandable. I would just double check you got the FOV and other lens settings right in hugin.

I had that hole fixed in another edit of this photo, but I couldn't remember which one it was. Hanger360 fills that hole with their logo. Also, I had problems with stitching when there was a lot of ocean in the picture. Without any landmarks, like off shore, the software had no features to key on. I tried 360 panos in several locations along the coast in that area and this is the only one that turned out OK. Of note in the photo, there are sharks in the water, but they're so small you can't tell unless you know what they are. Also, Dr. Seuss, of children's book fame, has a house that's visible in the photo. He passed away, but his wife still lives there.

Got a question . Just downloaded the app the other day and took several 360's, like 23 pictures . After it did it said ..finalizing.. then continue to fly or autoland . Well I landed and waited over 24 hours .
Nothing .
Deleted app and got it back and did 2 more yesterday . Still nothing
has came up on that last page . What am I missing .
I power on in go app then go to hanger app click all the box's then
it counts down .spins up and goes up like a rocket to 300' .
?

Got a question . Just downloaded the app the other day and took several 360's, like 23 pictures . After it did it said ..finalizing.. then continue to fly or autoland . Well I landed and waited over 24 hours .
Nothing .
Deleted app and got it back and did 2 more yesterday . Still nothing
has came up on that last page . What am I missing .
I power on in go app then go to hanger app click all the box's then
it counts down .spins up and goes up like a rocket to 300' .
?
I think you are missing the upload steps
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...DF.pdf&usg=AFQjCNFIwZcSbTO8A81xMI51oBXazY-HWw

Reactions: dirkclod
I see all those pages but what I'm not seeing is any of this
IMG_9915.PNG After it say finalize then the choice to land or keep flying that's it.
Well I think it says something about downloading to device but I don't cause I knew they were
in the app that must be it .
Will try that . Thanks from big dummy :)

I see all those pages but what I'm not seeing is any of this
View attachment 19547 After it say finalize then the choice to land or keep flying that's it.
Well I think it says something about downloading to device but I don't cause I knew they were
in the app that must be it .
Will try that . Thanks from big dummy :)

You have to leave the drone on. Land, close djogo and open hangar. The click on the thumbnail to copy images from the drone to your phone or tablet. Once that is done you can turn the drone off. They will then stitch an upload, this takes some time depending on your internet speed.
It is really cool when you work it out.
Cheers
Adrian

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica