DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hanger 360

Got the reload of the app to work today. Today's issue was a no fly zone - which it isn't. I took off with the Go4 app and switched at 300' and got my images. It was a little startling when I cancelled midair and not have control. Simple fix - RTH.

Thanks for the help.

So I downloaded the Hangar 360 app, but haven't used it yet. I actually like the controllability of the Litchi app, but the developer listed a warning of problems with the .500 and .550 firmware. Has this been fixed? Does Litchi work with the .600 update? I haven't purchased the Litchi app yet, not until I know whether it works with the latest Mavic update.

I actually like the controllability of the Litchi app... Does Litchi work with the .600 update?

Yes the .600 firmware fixes the 3rd party app problems so Litchi works fine now. I've flown several Litchi missions using focus & orbit modes without any issues, although I havent tried a panorama yet.

I emailed hangar and they were not to helpful.
So I went out this morning and tried again and it worked!

For a free app I think this thing is awesome!

Hangar 360 Photo

I've used the 360 app a few times now and it has performed exactly as it should do.
Right up to me trying to upload the pictures from my ipad 4 at home to their server.

It starts, very slowly, then keeps throwing up the "failed to upload" message at different percentages.

My last attempt took about 8 tries to keep uploading!

The home wifi and internet connections are all good, as I was checking wifi signals with the laptop during the many failed upload attempts!

The ipad is brand new, and used only for the Mavic.

Could this be a Hanger server issue, or something my end?

Its getting a bit tedious having to repeat the uploading sessions.

I used Litchi to capture the photos with my Mavic, and Hugin app to do the stitching. Came out great. There's a few manual steps in there, but it was pretty easy. Loaded directly to Facebook and had good 360 results. I also tried Microsoft Image Composite Editor (ICE) software and it came out great as well, but you have to tweak the image (adding metadata and image resizing) to get it to work on Facebook. Hugin and ICE are both free, but Litchi is somewhere around $20. It was worth it, though. Although Hangar 360 is totally free, and it's tough to beat free!

Just tried it myself today. Few with Go4 to where I wanted to start, swapped over to Hanger 360, selected start from current position, and let it run.

Rather worrying when it says "Initialising Media" as the FPV display goes bland for what seamed a very long time. I was use about to flick the SportMode switch and abort when it all came back on and proceeded as expected.

It finished and I elected to stay in the air for a while. After I landed I left the Mavic on and Hanger asked if I wanted to download pictures from the aircraft so I did. I then teathered my tablet to my phone and let it upload to the Hanger website.

Sometime later I got a message to say my 360 was ready. Worked great first time.

Very easy to use - going to make loads more of these.

I've used the 360 app a few times now and it has performed exactly as it should do.
Right up to me trying to upload the pictures from my ipad 4 at home to their server.

It starts, very slowly, then keeps throwing up the "failed to upload" message at different percentages.

My last attempt took about 8 tries to keep uploading!

The home wifi and internet connections are all good, as I was checking wifi signals with the laptop during the many failed upload attempts!

The ipad is brand new, and used only for the Mavic.

Could this be a Hanger server issue, or something my end?

Its getting a bit tedious having to repeat the uploading sessions.

I think its probably your end.
All mine have uploaded, 1 took ages to process.

No failures at all at this time.

I was doing a series of flights for an event and my sd card was getting full so I quickly transferred the data to my PC and continued flying.

I was bummed because I did this without sending the photos to hangar first and was unable to find a solution.

I am going to try stitching them together in Photoshop.

I was doing a series of flights for an event and my sd card was getting full so I quickly transferred the data to my PC and continued flying.

I was bummed because I did this without sending the photos to hangar first and was unable to find a solution.

I am going to try stitching them together in Photoshop.

Try Hugin. It was very easy to use, and I found I could upload the output video straight to Facebook and it worked in 360 mode without further tweaking. It's a free download. I just started playing with these apps yesterday and had success with Hugin first try and I had the resulting photo on my computer, rather than in Hangar 360's cloud. There's tutorial videos on YouTube.

P.S., I'm not knocking Hangar 360, as I haven't tried it yet. My only hesitation is having my photos locked in their cloud.

Reactions: sbpoole
Does anyone know of a way to delete files from the Hangar system?

I have a couple that have not processed correctly and wish to remove them!

I have sent an email to their support, but wondered if anyone here knew how?

Does anyone know of a way to delete files from the Hangar system?

I have a couple that have not processed correctly and wish to remove them!

I have sent an email to their support, but wondered if anyone here knew how?

I am very curious if anyone has found a solution to Enzo200500's question.

What's y'all's experience on the processing time, also does the device need to be "screen on" while it is processing?

Varies, sometimes it takes a couple of minutes, sometime couple of hours.
Screen times out but it does it in background.

Tried it today with latest firmware and it shows near NFZ...I checked the radio buttons on the DJI app and then tried to switch back to Hanger and it still did not work..

Suggestions...my home is located about 4 miles from an airport but I just let them know and have been able to fly around my home...I even manually took it up to 300' and tried to start Hanger..It took one photo and hung....

What do I need to enable on Hanger to get past this?

Tried it today with latest firmware and it shows near NFZ...I checked the radio buttons on the DJI app and then tried to switch back to Hanger and it still did not work..

Suggestions...my home is located about 4 miles from an airport but I just let them know and have been able to fly around my home...I even manually took it up to 300' and tried to start Hanger..It took one photo and hung....

What do I need to enable on Hanger to get past this?
Two things to check.

1.) The DJI app cannot be running in the background. Close it out completely.

2.) Make sure you are not in Sport Flight mode. It will not work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair