DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hanger 360

Okay, I tried it today but it did not work for me. It took off but didn't climb to altitude. I manually climbed to 300' and it said something like 'taking 1 of 23'. And it stayed there.

I tried a few times with same results - any thoughts?

This happened to me a couple of times in testing in various and slightly different ways. I assume you are using a Mavic and didn't take a Phantom out which requires the flight mode to be changed on the controller. Also worth checking intelligent / multiple flight modes are enabled from within DJI GO and also check DJI GO is closed, and any other Mavic related app apart from Hangar 360 is closed.

Also check your cable is connected nicely and not frequently disconnecting as that will cause problems. For example the Mavic cable that shipped with the controller will not work with my iPhone 7 Plus but works fine with my old iPhone 6 and the slightest hiccup will cause Hangar to stop controlling the Mavic.

I tried this out last night after work and it was pretty simple to do but there's two frames/sections that are blurred out ! Has this happened to anyone else ?
I didn't do another one because my iPhone was under 20% so just brought it back down, although the RC did get stuck in 'joystick' mode even after clicking the continue flying button on the hangar app and when switching to the GO app so I had to RTH to bring it back down. I cancelled when it was back down and I got full control back so not sure what that glitch was.

Hangar 360 Photo

the joystick mode is normal while using the hanger app, you have to switch into sports mode to release control. not had any blurring problems to date.

Pity it doesn't cover the whole sky; that blue patch on top with the logo doesn't look nice. And by the way, do you.. or can you allow the mavic to use the extra 30º upward view?

For me it has working great and its free.

Going to do a set of castles soon which are near me and the coast with rather dramatic cliffs.

I downloaded the app. According to the opening tutorial it doesn't do well with water. I suppose it has difficulty stitching images with lack of detail. Can anyone confirm this? I'm going to the beach next week and would love to try this.
Barring that what is the recipe to get the images stitched and produce the 360 interactive?

I tried this out last night after work and it was pretty simple to do but there's two frames/sections that are blurred out ! Has this happened to anyone else ?
I didn't do another one because my iPhone was under 20% so just brought it back down, although the RC did get stuck in 'joystick' mode even after clicking the continue flying button on the hangar app and when switching to the GO app so I had to RTH to bring it back down. I cancelled when it was back down and I got full control back so not sure what that glitch was.

Hangar 360 Photo
I had the same blur issue. it seems like only happens by skyline where sun hits directly. It has a hard time focusing facing the sun on very top( first 7 pictures), than once it moves downwards, all seems to focus better and no blur. we might have to lay down the Mavic before take off accordingly opposite side of the sun.

Reactions: DanCarpy
I had the same blur issue. it seems like only happens by skyline where sun hits directly. It has a hard time focusing facing the sun on very top( first 7 pictures), than once it moves downwards, all seems to focus better and no blur. we might have to lay down the Mavic before take off accordingly opposite side of the sun.
but your case seems like drop rate on that single frame caused by the app error.

Is there any way to add the 360 picture into the windows movie maker? It is not in jpeg or any other picture format. just a web link when you create the 360 photo. is there a way to convert to jpeg? I want to add the location names on the picture since it is a birds eye view. anyone has any ideas? Thanks.

I downloaded the app. According to the opening tutorial it doesn't do well with water. I suppose it has difficulty stitching images with lack of detail. Can anyone confirm this? I'm going to the beach next week and would love to try this.
Barring that what is the recipe to get the images stitched and produce the 360 interactive?

All 360 photosphere tools struggle over water, on a calm day the surface does not provide enough detail, if the seas are rough the surface is moving too much to get identical points in multiple shots. Whenever I shoot over water I tend to place the Mavic on the shoreline, near boats, piers or weirs that give a fixed point, even then its a bit of a mixed bag if a featureless horizon stretches over a frame especially on a cloudless day.

Just remember it needs to identify the same points on overlapping images and plan accordingly.

Hangar 360 Photo

I'm not surely those are single frames as their dimensions look off, it looks like a rendering issue on the Hangar server. You could pull the images from your SD Card and see whether the images for those areas are fine and if so stitch it in PT GUI or something similar. I'm still using the beta so not sure if this is available on the released product but there is a little comment icon when you view the image in the app which can be used to report a problem. If that exists in the released version you could send it to their support to check.

I love it. This was my first try
Hangar 360 Photo

Nice, and I really like the others on here. What is nice about Hangar 360 is that anyone could do 360s before if they had the software but this makes it more accessible.

If anyone is interested in some shots from the beta so that you can see how it developed here are some, mainly the problems were colour problems with almost a HDR look to it and I took a couple from a minus altitude lower than some ridge lines, some worked, some didn't:-

Early March:-
Hangar 360 Photo
Hangar 360 Photo

Early February:-
Hangar 360 Photo <- does not always work with ND filters

Late January:-
Hangar 360 Photo
Hangar 360 Photo <- example of stitching problems over smooth water

Last edited:
Reactions: DSI and M4RK
Can you save the photos to your computer or iPad for offline viewing?
the joystick mode is normal while using the hanger app, you have to switch into sports mode to release control. not had any blurring problems to date.
Was wondering that because I wasn't able to move the craft out of Joystick mode, thanks for the heads up.

Was wondering that because I wasn't able to move the craft out of Joystick mode, thanks for the heads up.

That's why I had to hit RTH but I cancelled when it was about 3/4m away from landing and it gave me back control. I guess it has the same effect as switching modes.

Is there any way to add the 360 picture into the windows movie maker? It is not in jpeg or any other picture format. just a web link when you create the 360 photo. is there a way to convert to jpeg? I want to add the location names on the picture since it is a birds eye view. anyone has any ideas? Thanks.

Hmm, maybe not when you create the panorama with the Hangar360 app, as it takes the pictures and does the stitching by itself.
However, if you create your own interactive panorama, you typically take the pictures yourself, then do the stitching (for example in microsoft ICE or photoshop) and then you end up with a complete stitched picture. You can add placenames ot that picture and only then convert it to a panorama, for example to upload it to facebook or maybe there is other software as well. (I know I can take a photospere with my android photo app and then watch that one in google maps. If you could record that as a movie, that would be a way to import it into movie maker...

Sounds like a big workaround though! Maybe you're better of letting the mavic record the panorama that you want (as a movie) and add the place names in the movie?

Reactions: İmaginecars
Got out into the countryside to try out the Hanger 360 app. It worked well in the field and seemed to send the photos to their server once I was home and hooked into wifi. But then I got a message saying 'unable to process'. Disappointing.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I'd love to see the 360 photo but even when I reconnected to the drone and controller, still just 'unable to process' for me. :-(

Same issue for me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard