DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hard to remove gimbal clamp

niclariv

Reactions
Hey all. I just received my refresh (finally), and I'm finding the gimbal clamp very hard to remove. On my last one (before I broke it and had to refresh) the gimbal clamp slid off pretty easily (but not too easily).. On this one I have to use so much force that when it finally pops upward and off I end up knocking the gimbal. Any thoughts? Anyone else having a similar issue?

Well, mate you might be doing something wrong. My advice is turn the mavic upside down. Then gently push inward softly with your thumbs like pinching it without pulling out.

Then move it a bit to the back of the craft and gently pull it.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

i recieved my mavic 2 weeks ago and had the same situation. very tight clamp and very hard to remove. squeezing the ribbed part wont work and i hav to use a pen to push the tab out of its clicking place. i then filed the tabs edge until it is rounded and smaller. now it clicks in place smoothly

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Drone Master
I'm just curious if DJI left some extra material or changed the specs on the clamp itself. I say use a small file on the edges of the clamp to smooth any rough edges. I have not had any issues myself personally, but then again, my bird is from the first batch.

I'm just curious if DJI left some extra material or changed the specs on the clamp itself. I say use a small file on the edges of the clamp to smooth any rough edges. I have not had any issues myself personally, but then again, my bird is from the first batch.

Maybe DJI changed the design a bit because many people were receiving their birds in the mail and the gimbal clamp had fallen off....

Update: After a while of use it's gotten easier to remove, so for the other guys who have this problem it will get better. I've also found that squeezing it doesn't help - just pull straight up.

Tight clamp-
Mine was tight too the first time I took it off and was a little apprehensive about putting it back on. Subsequent use of it seems no problem. I hardly ever seem to line the camera up right with the notch in the clamp.
If it's tight, just try to keep the quad firmly gripped and pull it straight up. Should be OK.

vsk

bit of spit.
- 'she said' 2015

Reactions: sportfisher23
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242