DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone ever lost control of your Mini 2 in the wind?

Mantrain

Reactions
Just wondering because I brought mine up close to it's legal service ceiling and was gettin DJI Fly wind warnings. I could just imagine it being toppled over in mid air and you know what happens to DJI drones when they turn upside down? They power off.

Just wondering because I brought mine up close to it's legal service ceiling and was gettin DJI Fly wind warnings. I could just imagine it being toppled over in mid air and you know what happens to DJI drones when they turn upside down? They power off.
Your more likely to just loose the Mini 2 being in the wind causing it to fly away and not fly back to you. We have flown in some serious winds and it did not flip over .

If it does flip over and turn off , you need to immediately Position both sticks to start the props and when the Drone spins and flips, once it hits a certain angle , it will restart , the key is to have the sticks already in position to start the drone.

I made a video of how that WORKS

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain.

Ha they power off the right way up too
Sport mode to recover or it might get blown back,,they seem to hold a bit considering the size ,I been watching some utube clips recently on holding position in the wind but up there at altitude it's pretty intense

Just wondering because I brought mine up close to it's legal service ceiling and was gettin DJI Fly wind warnings.

I could just imagine it being toppled over in mid air and you know what happens to DJI drones when they turn upside down?
A wind too strong for the drone to fly against won't ever topple the drone so you can forget about that.
It will just blow the drone away, but it will stay upright.
Lots of careless flyers have given their drones to the wind.

I have in my Mavic Pro and got it back. Learned my lesson years ago to never fly when the wind because you can loose it very easily. RTH won't help you if the wind is to strong and another thing is that the wind on the surface may not seem bad at all til you get to 300' or 400' AGL. I would be very mindful of windy conditions. Hope this helps new pilots. Happy and Safe flying.

Reactions: Gagey52
I have an experience in which my mini warned that it was too windy and will, through no choice of mine nor the ability to override, land in its current location. Under normal land situation all would have been ok BUT it was over water and it dropped in to the water. I tried everything to override the control TO NO AVAIL. A VERY hard and expensive lesson. I did not have any protection plan on it (one of my first drones -nah I don't need protection). Subsequently I am a strong supporter of Mavics protection and, in fact, have used it several times.
As a PS -this was not a low battery issue. Some internal control decided it had to land!

I have an experience in which my mini warned that it was too windy and will, through no choice of mine nor the ability to override, land in its current location.
That's a bit mixed up.
Windy conditions don't ever cause a drone to land.
The cause of your incident was something else.

If you wanted to find out what actually happened, the recorded flight data would help solve the mystery.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Unfortunately this was long ago - probably 2 years or so though that is great advice re. flight data. Thank you.

I often get the strong wind warning but only on sports mode. For some reason I ve never gotten it in normal mode. I avoid flying once the wind hits 12 to 15 kts.

Use common sense... fly upwind first to save battery power for trip back home...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986