DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has some sort of adblock checker been switched on on the site?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

Suddenly I am having to close a "please switch of adblock" request on every page of this site that I open. I have always had adblock running

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ted Maul
They definitely did, I got hit with the same. Found the culprit, put the filter into my ab and now it's gone.

We did add a dismissable message to users turn off Adblock or upgrade to premium. This is not intended to make the site unusable, just to remind members that we do have costs to operate the site and appreciate your support.

Reactions: Mrmund
These kinds of things are lame, I see issues all the time as a software developer when people add these things to their sites and other things break, anyway like you say takes milliseconds to add a rule for it. I did it using tampermonkey .. got rid of the ugly sidebar at the same time.

These kinds of things are lame, I see issues all the time as a software developer when people add these things to their sites and other things break, anyway like you say takes milliseconds to add a rule for it. I did it using tampermonkey .. got rid of the ugly sidebar at the same time.
Yes, easy to work around obviously. Thank you for your support of MavicPilots.

It is dismissable and the site is usable, it's just that is something new and it pops up on every new page. That said, no worries.

Reactions: clackey
We did add a dismissable message to users turn off Adblock or upgrade to premium. This is not intended to make the site unusable, just to remind members that we do have costs to operate the site and appreciate your support.
A reminder is one thing. However, having it pop up on every page, every refresh, every click is just way overboard.

Aslo a note that AdBlock does not remove all ads from your site, but only the ones outside of the guidelines. I still see plenty of ads even with AdBlock on. There should be a happy medium with a gentle reminder that doesn't pop up on every click.

A reminder is one thing. However, having it pop up on every page, every refresh, every click is just way overboard.

Aslo a note that AdBlock does not remove all ads from your site, but only the ones outside of the guidelines. I still see plenty of ads even with AdBlock on. There should be a happy medium with a gentle reminder that doesn't pop up on every click.
At the point of no return, just pick up the drone and fly away ..... life is too short ? ? ?? ???????? Stay safe ........

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan