DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you experienced a Mavic air 2 shut off mid air?

Lol I am IN THE KNOW and I KNOW THE RISKS, been operating drones for 5-6 years. Which is why I’m so surprised to see so many people act as if a flyaway or drone losing power while flying new news or something I’d just make up for conversation .
For someone with so much experience you come across as a someone with not enough experience to understand actual risks rather than your exaggerated fears.
Here's an old piece that helps put all your scary forum posts into perspective.
It just as applicable to your fall-from-the-sky fears.

Your Phantom 3 data was recorded by the DJI Go app, not DJI Fly.
If you still have the Go app, you'd still have the data.
No I have the mavic air 2 now. The phantom 3 they replaced it because they were able to look at the flight data. But the fly app you can’t see it

No I have the mavic air 2 now. The phantom 3 they replaced it because they were able to look at the flight data. But the fly app you can’t see it
FYI .. I'm well aware of DJI flight data and how it works.
I've analysed the data from a couple of thousand flight incidents to help flyers find their lost drones or understand the cause of their incidents.
You don't have to talk to me like I don't understand the topic.

For someone with so much experience you come across as a someone with not enough experience to understand actual risks rather than your exaggerated fears.
Here's an old piece that helps put all your scary forum posts into perspective.
It just as applicable to your fall-from-the-sky fears.
Lol I’m not scary. I’m talking facts. I’ve experienced flyaways After taking every precaution. I read the article and it basically says “drones can fail, but Dji is more reliable but CAN FAIL especially after time” so why agrgue these things happen at all? Or call it scary lol. IT HAPPENS. That’s all I’m sayin

Lol I’m not scary. I’m talking facts. I’ve experienced flyaways After taking every precaution.
If you've experienced "flyaways" you just didn't understand the cause of your incidents.
Although you don't understand it, there is always an underlying cause for what you call a "flyaway".
I read the article and it basically says “drones can fail, but Dji is more reliable but CAN FAIL especially after time” so why agrgue these things happen at all? Or call it scary lol. IT HAPPENS. That’s all I’m sayin
You didn't read it properly.
What a surprise

FYI .. I'm well aware of DJI flight data and how it works.
I've analysed the data from a couple of thousand flight incidents to help flyers find their lost drones or understand the cause of their incidents.
You don't have to talk to me like I don't understand the topic.
I wasn’t I legit thought you were asking me if I still had the phantom 3 is why I said that. I’m sure you know how it works. I was just explaining it because not everyone knows that is all. I’m no expert so I wouldn’t talk like one. And even if I was I don’t talk down on people I always try to educate. Was just trying to explain didn’t know if you knew is all

If you've experienced "flyaways" you just didn't understand the cause of your incidents.
Although you don't understand it, there is always an underlying cause for what you call a "flyaway".

What a surprise

What a surprise If you've experienced "flyaways" you just didn't understand the cause of your incidents.

What a surprise
i did read it lol. And yes there are underlying reasons for flyaways. Could be user error could be compass errors. All I was saying was it happens

That’s what just happened to me. Drone shut off mid flight and dropped— luckily it was an intermittent shutdown and powered up again on the ground... enough to use the find my drone feature. Still... dangerous. DJI confirmed the shutdown and replaced the MA2 under warranty.

Before the DjiFly 1.2.2 version was updated.. i found something weird with a MA2 i was testing for a friend... I noticed that every time the AC got disconnectedit it also stoped recording (on the sdcard).. I think if the disconnection was due to just an interferrence and/or signal loss it woldn't stop recording.. So, to me it was suffering very quick power cutoffs. Mmilli seconds maybe? because it recovered so fast, AC reconnnected to RC in only a couple of secs and never droped.. All i had to do is start recording again

Last edited:
That’s what just happened to me. Drone shut off mid flight and dropped— luckily it was an intermittent shutdown and powered up again on the ground... enough to use the find my drone feature. Still... dangerous. DJI confirmed the shutdown and replaced the MA2 under warranty.
Wow yea that’s what I was talking about. Did they give you any idea what it could of been? Or was there a certain weather condition or something? I think there’s something wrong with these things they aren’t saying

Wow yea that’s what I was talking about. Did they give you any idea what it could of been? Or was there a certain weather condition or something? I think there’s something wrong with these things they aren’t saying
You need to get an idea of how many have had this happen and what tiny fraction of the total Air 2 population that represents before you can say there’s something wrong with these things.

Certain weather conditions ???
You're really grasping at imaginary straws there.

Reactions: bigswifty
You need to get an idea of how many have had this happen and what tiny fraction of the total Air 2 population that represents before you can say there’s something wrong with these things.

Certain weather conditions ???
You're really grasping at imaginary straws there.
I agree I’m just saying you can’t dismiss the ones that it is happening to is all

I had one yesterday! In my living room.

I was doing some testing with virtualstick, drone hovered like 1m, slowly drifting over the sofa, and suddenly all motors stopped, like a CSC, landed in the sofa. Battery still connected to the drone since it landed soft :) It picked a good spot :)

It could be due to: Old firmware, testing a lot of undocumented stuff, gimbal in free mode, virtualstick with only downsensor on or a bug in the firmware.

After a reboot it worked fine again.

Even if I do a lot of strange stuff I never seen this happened with other dji drones, so I kind of lost my faith in the air 2.

I had one yesterday! In my living room.

I was doing some testing with virtualstick, drone hovered like 1m, slowly drifting over the sofa, and suddenly all motors stopped, like a CSC, landed in the sofa. Battery still connected to the drone since it landed soft :) It picked a good spot :)

It could be due to: Old firmware, testing a lot of undocumented stuff, gimbal in free mode, virtualstick with only downsensor on or a bug in the firmware.

After a reboot it worked fine again.

Even if I do a lot of strange stuff I never seen this happened with other dji drones, so I kind of lost my faith in the air 2.
Yea definitely weird for that to happen, and your sure it wasn’t the auto shut off thing where you pull the joysticks towards each other? As far as the shut off’s I’ve been trying to figure it out myself if it’s widespread or just one or two of them. Definitely a scary feeling not knowing if it’s going to lose power. For sure

Yea definitely weird for that to happen, and your sure it wasn’t the auto shut off thing where you pull the joysticks towards each other? As far as the shut off’s I’ve been trying to figure it out myself if it’s widespread or just one or two of them. Definitely a scary feeling not knowing if it’s going to lose power. For sure
100% sure it was no CSC. I'm developing a new flightmode where I'm using another phone as controller, so I never touched the sticks. It was in virtualstick mode and hovering, but the down vision sensor never seems to lock on the floor, which they usually do.

Hi good day. I have a mavic air 2 and I’ve been Reading a lot about them shutting off mid flight. Not due to pressing the sticks together like DJI a wants to say but some people’s MA2 are shutting off mid flight which of course is a risk to not only losing your drone but also causing damage elsewhere. Have any of you experienced this with your drone?
Yes, today in fact just a few mins ago. No warning, other than signal lost and thne i heard my drone crash broke the gimbal and now i can't flay it, it breaks my heart. I have no idea what to do now.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag