DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you experienced a Mavic air 2 shut off mid air?

You have trouble believing that pilots couldn't possibly fail to properly latch the battery, or that a swollen battery couldn't lose connection, or that flying in moist, cold conditions wouldn't cause prop icing, or that there might even be a rare genuine hardware problem?

But you understand a "flyaway" caused by interference?
I don't.
It's something that I've never seen or heard evidence of.
At worst, interference might swamp your control signal which would trigger RTH.
The fears you are expressing aren't able to be supported by hard evidence.
Look directly below this post there’s about 3-4 forums talking about the same thing. And yes I’ve had a phantom 3 flyaway before so I can see that happening BUT it self landed not jus dropped out the sky. Totally different

Look directly below this post there’s about 3-4 forums talking about the same thing. And yes I’ve had a phantom 3 flyaway before so I can see that happening BUT it self landed not jus dropped out the sky. Totally different
There's nothing below this post to see on my computer.
But you are putting way too much value of forum posts rather than facts.

And if think your Phantom 3 really flew away, I'd like to check the flight data and find out what really happened.
I very, very much doubt that it flew away.

Reactions: kidroc
.... I’ve had a phantom 3 ..... it self landed not jus dropped out the sky. Totally different
My M2P has never flown away or dropped out of the sky but it doesn't mean that it cannot happen. If you Google "DJI phantom dropped out of the sky", you will not be convinced that phantom is immune to this kind of failure :

1612234745958.png

There's nothing below this post to see on my computer.
But you are putting way too much value of forum posts rather than facts.

And if think your Phantom 3 really flew away, I'd like to check the flight data and find out what really happened.
I very, very much doubt that it flew away.
The fact that DJI literally just started “DJI flyaway insurance” id think you’d believe me when I say my old phantom 3 flewaway. It does happen. I got it back but it flew away initially. It happens more then you think

The fact that DJI literally just started “DJI flyaway insurance” id think you’d believe me when I say my old phantom 3 flewaway. It does happen. I got it back but it flew away initially. It happens more then you think
That DJI has begun making money out of scared people like you doesn't convince me that DJI drones fly away.
It hardly ever happens (if at all).
If you're confident that yours really flew away, post the supporting evidence.
Surprise me

That DJI has begun making money out of scared people like you doesn't convince me that DJI drones fly away.
It hardly ever happens (if at all).
If you're confident that yours really flew away, post the supporting evidence.
Surprise me
Wait. So your saying Dji flyaways never happened? Atleast you said “hardly happens” which leaves room for sometimes. You must be DJI yourself to deny flyaways,cmon bud. That shouldn’t even be a debate lol

Last edited:
Wait. So your saying Dji flyaways never happened? Atleast you said “hardly happens” which leaves room for sometimes. You must be DJI yourself to deny flyaways,cmon bud. That shouldn’t even be a debate lol

Facts like Flight logs? I got my phantom replaced because of IMU compass errors that even after a proper calibration and pre flight inspections. Recently they’ve tried to almost hide flight logs in the newer drones fly app where only they can see it. Of course we found ways around it but my point is, once you said Dji flyaways “hardly happened, if ever” and I went thru it, I realized there’s no convincing you. So cool

You are right, there shouldn't be a debate.
When someone says their drone flew away, that just means that they lost their drone and don't know why.
That DJI think they can make money from lost drone insurance isn't a surprise.

Reactions: maelstrom
The problem is this. ALL hardware is prone to failure. Without actual statistical data on how common the problem is searching for it is not going to mean much. You will find what seems a huge problem by just looking at a small sample in a forum like this because, well, out of the millions of drones out there this is where they would come to discuss their experience. Be like saying all cars have engine problems in a forum on engine repairs. I would bet a good portion of the time it's user error, the rest is a hardware failure...which does happen, unfortunately. I would not sweat it because, well, nothing you can do about that really. As long as DJI recognizes the problem and replaces it best you can do.

I think its connected to the new encryption of the Fly app logs. They now have made it so they can't be tampered with for flyaway claims. That way they get untouched logs to analyze and you get to buy an aircraft by itself for less than replacing the entire package. If it shows in the log it is hardware related after they analyze it, then I would think they would replace the drone at no charge(at least they should). It's only my opinion BTW.

The internet is full of much ignorance and mis-information.

The only well documented frequently reported cases of drones falling from the sky was with some p4s with battery latches that were a little tricky to get both latch plates properly mated. The vibration would cause the battery’s to pop out. DJI redesigned the latch, and the problem went away.

Hi good day. I have a mavic air 2 and I’ve been Reading a lot about them shutting off mid flight. Not due to pressing the sticks together like DJI a wants to say but some people’s MA2 are shutting off mid flight which of course is a risk to not only losing your drone but also causing damage elsewhere. Have any of you experienced this with your drone?

Nope!

I agree. And honestly Im very careful when I do fly. Always do the pre flight things and I agree with you. You sound very knowledgeable about this and your right out of 1000’s of drones there’s going to be funny ones. My point is no level of expertise of flying could help if your flying and the drone shuts off while it’s in the air. That’s the part that even myself can’t believe has happened even once. A flyaway I understand because of interference. But I feel anything of the sort of it falling out the sky for whatever reason should be looked into is all. Especially when I love the air 2 so much lol

You're beating the proverbial dead horse. Afraid of it falling out of the sky - THEN SELL IT and don't fly a drone. That's pretty simple.

You're not listening to people IN THE KNOW on this site - you're listening to Joe Blow somewhere on the Internet that may be a competitor or has a beef with DJI. We don't know WHO these people are and I personally don't care.

I and those on this forum KNOW THE RISKS and we prepare to the best of our abilities, yet machine malfunction - you know cars, trucks, and other mechanical / electrical devices ALL the time. Will you stop driving your car simply because something happened to someone's Yugo and you drive a BMW? Doubt it.

Time to move on!

Yes .. the text file from the DJI Go app for the flight you are talking about.

Funny ... I was thinking the same thing.
Can’t do that anymore on the Dji fly app only they can see it now ?

The problem is this. ALL hardware is prone to failure. Without actual statistical data on how common the problem is searching for it is not going to mean much. You will find what seems a huge problem by just looking at a small sample in a forum like this because, well, out of the millions of drones out there this is where they would come to discuss their experience. Be like saying all cars have engine problems in a forum on engine repairs. I would bet a good portion of the time it's user error, the rest is a hardware failure...which does happen, unfortunately. I would not sweat it because, well, nothing you can do about that really. As long as DJI recognizes the problem and replaces it best you can do.
I agree I just think people denying it happens is concerning is all. But I completely agree with your comment

You're beating the proverbial dead horse. Afraid of it falling out of the sky - THEN SELL IT and don't fly a drone. That's pretty simple.

You're not listening to people IN THE KNOW on this site - you're listening to Joe Blow somewhere on the Internet that may be a competitor or has a beef with DJI. We don't know WHO these people are and I personally don't care.

I and those on this forum KNOW THE RISKS and we prepare to the best of our abilities, yet machine malfunction - you know cars, trucks, and other mechanical / electrical devices ALL the time. Will you stop driving your car simply because something happened to someone's Yugo and you drive a BMW? Doubt it.

Time to move
Lol I am IN THE KNOW and I KNOW THE RISKS, been operating drones for 5-6 years. Which is why I’m so surprised to see so many people act as if a flyaway or drone losing power while flying new news or something I’d just make up for conversation . NO I wouldn’t stop driving a BMW but I I definitely would look into it.

Can’t do that anymore on the Dji fly app only they can see it now ?
Your Phantom 3 data was recorded by the DJI Go app, not DJI Fly.
If you still have the Go app, you'd still have the data.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO