DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you experienced stress cracks? Why? POLL

Do you unfold or let the props open themselves during startup.

• Total voters

Tufargon

Reactions
Just a poll to maybe see if there's a pattern to people that have gotten stress cracks. Please only vote if you've experienced stress cracks. Please include in a post what model you have and maybe where the cracks were.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lob's Falcon
Didn't mean to vote. Accidently hit it when trying to scroll.

Just a poll to maybe see if there's a pattern to people that have gotten stress cracks. Please only vote if you've experienced stress cracks.
On which drone and where should I be looking for stress cracks? I have cracks on my MPP where the battery clips into the sides of the body. But that’s because I took the top off about 15 times for repairs and replacement of the gimbal and compass modules. That thing can be difficult to remove.
Never seen cracks on my M2P.

Last edited:
I do punish my air2 a lot. Never unfold, do drive it harshly and push battery to near depletion. Let alone I fly it on high winds, sometimes up to 50 km/h. Well over specs.

My drone is 2000 flight hours old. Only once I did have an issue with a sudden gust among two buildings. Other than that, it's in perfect condition.

I do inspect it as per airdata's maintenance alerts.

To be frank, after such flying I believe the tech is quite robust and its recommended limits are well below what it can truly tolerate. I don't plan on easing up on it and I'm ready to assume it's my fault if I ever lose it.

I want to have fun with my drone. Not live in constant fear of losing it.

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
On which drone and where should I be looking for stress cracks? I have cracks on my MPP where the battery clips into the sides of the body. But that’s because I took the top off about 15 times for repairs and replacement of the gimbal and compass modules. That thing can be difficult to remove.
Never seen cracks on my M2P.
I guess any replies in the thread should include what model they have and I should have put that in the OP.
Edited the OP to reflect that.

I fly the MA2. It cracked where the left front arm connects. I am careful during the unfolding of the arms and always unfold the props. Have yet to crash or land hard. 1st picture is how i shipped it, the other was their pic. Sent me a code about installing the battery improperly and i had to pay. I have 2 replacements but am getting comfortable now and figure more dramatic crashes will follow so i paid out of pocket.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210804-215022.png
    Screenshot_20210804-215022.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20210804-214851.png
    Screenshot_20210804-214851.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: Tufargon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics