DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having seconds thoughts clicking buy it now

B4UFly app is the official FAA app. But it can be buggy and sometimes useless.

Many of us here prefer the AIRMAP app. In my experience, it is much more reliable.

I use both B4UFly and AIRMAP, plus a third: Flightradar24. This helps you track most airplanes in the sky.

All 3 apps are free.

Had my Mavic since February, have always installed the latest firmware via DJI Assistant , have always updated GO4 , have always used an iphone 7s until recently when I changed to an ipad mini4
and have not had a single problem other than once having to re-calibrate the vision sensors which was easy to do.

Reactions: Zoro
My eye sight sucks! So I prefer the size of the iPad mini instead of using a small phone. I haven't flown alot, I had to send my mp back to DJI to get fixed since the goal has never recalibrated successfully. But the mp has always flown done.

My eye sight sucks! So I prefer the size of the iPad mini instead of using a small phone. I haven't flown alot, I had to send my mp back to DJI to get fixed since the goal has never recalibrated successfully. But the mp has always flown done.
My eyesight sucks more than yours.
I use an IPad, bigger screen than the Mini.

Many of us here prefer the AIRMAP app. In my experience, it is much more reliable.

I use both B4UFly and AIRMAP, plus a third: Flightradar24. This helps you track most airplanes in the sky.

All 3 apps are free.

I live about 500 feet inside a 5 mile radius of the Airport the Airmap app says it's class D airspace. Can I start up my Mavic in my back yard or inside my house. I mean will it power up? I have no intentions of flying it around my niehgborhood. Just want to see if this thing works.

I've had my Mavic since January - on IOS products I've never had any issues at all, on Android yes. I sometimes use an iPad Pro but mostly an iPhone 6s Plus - not had any disconnections or issues with the app using the latest updates. Don't let the stories on the forum put you off - mostly they relate to Android devices or poor pre flight checking. Also remember that forums do attract people to post about their problems, a far greater percentage of people enjoying their Mavics having no issues won't be posting at all!

All you pricks that don't read the instructions and then complain and demand compensation as a right only increase's the value of a product that is close to perfect.

All you pricks that don't read the instructions and then complain and demand compensation as a right only increase's the value of a product that is close to perfect.

My first reaction is to LOL as I read your post and honestly, I'm still laughing as I'm typing this. But let's not add insult to injury or pour salt in their wound as I'm sure there are legitimately defective Mavics out there.

Ok, if the gimbal has never calibrated since day one, is that a defective unit? Or is it my fault that I don't know what I'm doing?

I have been flying my Mavic with an iPhone 6 and iPad mini 4 since March with no problems. I have no problem with the DJI GO 4 app, smart device, or Mavic A/C - RM. Now my P3S and DJI go app I am having some trouble. I'm going to re-bind my RC with my AC and do and IMU calibration, RC calibration and whatever else I can think of before I give up on losing signal at short distances .

I use Hover for the app regarding if you can fly and how close you are to an airport. Its funny, I live in one of those zones, and the AMA Field is in one of those zones. I called the airport on both and they laughed and said, go for it, and no need to call again.

The Mavic Pro does tell you if you are in a No Fly Zone, but its not very comprehensive. The Apps out there are better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Zoro
How do I find out if I'm within a 5 mile radius of the airport? Is there an app for that? I might be close.
Goto google maps, Zoom out so you can see the nearest airport and where you will be flying near, right click tap measure place cursor over middle of airport and you can measure how far away you will be. B4uFly, Airspace and other apps will show you what kind of Class airspace you are in, as well as if you are in Restricted, Unauthorized, enhanced warning, warning so forth

I've had mine since July 5th. this year. Over 30 flights on it using a iPhone 7+ and the latest updates. Not one problem so far. (unless you count the notifications/warnings,on the screen) Flys rock solid!

Reactions: LongRifle and Zoro

All 3 apps are free.

I like the kitty hawk app. Includes weather conditions...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan