DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having trouble getting 4K footage onto iPhone/Macbook Pro??

Sarahhhamid

Reactions
So I've been flying my Mavic Pro for a few months and finally have gotten the hang of flying and getting decent footage, and now I'm interested in editing and uploading to Youtube/Instagram and having on my iPhone.

My dilemma is that I LOVE the DJI Go app because of its simplicity, is there anyway that it can convert it to 4K when connected to my drone instead of the 1080p that its doing now? Should I just be grabbing the files off of the SD card and editing them through my mac and uploading it through iCloud?

I feel that I'm not asking the right questions/confused on where to start.

Any help and advice would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

Your best bet is to get the video off your card and into your Mac for editing. iMovie will be a nice job, and you can set that up to upload to YouTube. Once it is there you can forward it or view it on your phone anytime. If you are shooting in 4K iMovie can handle that as can YouTube.

Reactions: Sarahhhamid
Your best bet is to get the video off your card and into your Mac for editing. iMovie will be a nice job, and you can set that up to upload to YouTube. Once it is there you can forward it or view it on your phone anytime. If you are shooting in 4K iMovie can handle that as can YouTube.
Do I need to export it into 4K before??

Reactions: sincere7ba
If you are setup to shoot in 4K on your Mavic then that's what the file will be when you drag it off the card and onto your computer. When you upload to YouTube you can choose to upload at full resolution or something less.

Set the go app camera setting to 4K. That way it will record 4K to the SD card. The device only has a low-quality copy. iMovie is fine to use. Get the data straight from the SD card for the best results.

Reactions: SRJ_Mavic_PRO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000