DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Head room on the MM batteries

Rchawks

Reactions
I know you shouldn't keep a full charge on the batteries for more than ten days, that it can shorten the lifespan. I also realize the optimal storage beyond the 10 days is between 30% and 70% roughly. But is there any short term advantage of lowering the headroom pressure of a fully charged battery to 90% to prevent swelling for a short term beyond the 10 days. Do the gasses continue to expand while the battery is idle causing the lining to weaken beyond the 10 day limit? Is this the case for all rechargeable batteries.

I'm not sure where you get your information with regard to things like "optimal" storage percentages, "headroom" pressure, or expanding gasses. Those don't sound like characteristics of Lithium Ion batteries.

FWIW, some of those issues exist for Lithium POLYMER (aka LiPO) batteries, of which these are not. LiPO batteries for RC CARS/trucks/boats don't have the circuitry like those on DJI products. Other models of DJI quads do have LiPO, but the circuitry on them usually handles all the concerns you've characterized.

Any one out there who can contradict me is welcomed. I'd be happy to edit my reply :)

Reactions: Dbez1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78