DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heart Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Constitution allows the arming of your citizens but perhaps it is time to look at the pros and cons.
No it’s not not time to look at the pros and cons of
firearms we do not discuss that in our forums. ?

Excuse the pun but it’s up in the air. My mother at 88 yrs must live next to this person. At least until she sells. The city is definitely charging him but I’d hate to bring retribution onto my family. The police were quite sympathetic & are encouraging me to follow up.
Sorry to hear of your plight.

I understand your reluctance with your mother living nextdoor. The federal charges are the ones that really need to be addressed and that is the downing of an aircraft while it was legally using the NAS. Does he go out and shoot at the police chopper when it is involved in a low level mission? I suspect not, and this carries no less a penalty because it is unmanned.

There was another reply in the thread where they suggested his firearms be confiscated. It is probably a very good avenue to pursue.

Ⅱ. Exclusions

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:

1) The date when you apply for the replacement is not within the period of validity of your replacement service.
2) The corresponding parts have not been shipped out within seven natural days after the Online Service case is submitted. Or, the corresponding parts have not been shipped out within three days after the Express case is submitted.
3) The replacement times have been used up.
4) The part is not covered by the replacement service.
5) Damage caused by using your DJI product together with a non-DJI product or third-party accessory/software that is not authorized by DJI.
6) Some or all of the parts that are covered by the replacement service are lost.
7) Some or all of the parts that are covered by the replacement service have been stolen, looted, or discarded.
8) Damage caused by flights in unsuitable conditions.
9) The product is damaged deliberately.
10) The product is damaged directly or indirectly by natural disaster, war, military action, riot, coup, treason, terrorist activities, etc.
11) Technical enhancements or performance improvements for your product provided at an extra fee.
12) Damage caused by modifications that are not in accordance with DJI official instructions.
Possibly number 10, but yet probably not covered.

Zombie apocalypse...covered, but not my air conditioner.

Welcome to the forum, a terrible way to have to introduce yourself.

Wow, talk about anti drone, sorry this happened to you.

I didn't see anyone else mention it, but this is a FEDERAL offence there, this guy needs reporting to FAA for shooting down an aircraft !
It could have caused property damage or worse hit a person nearby if it went off course in its drop.

Absolutely, pursue this person for all costs in the legal action, he deserves to be made to pay full restitution, perhaps damages for your inconvenience / post traumatic stress, loss of hobby for defined time.

I would be careful posting video if legal action is to be taken by police or yourself down the line.

Hope it works out with little fuss.

If you tell this person (through police) about the federal aspects, and your right to claim for damages, he might just pay up for a new drone and battery, if that is a preferred way to deal with it.
The police would probably help you to go that way if you asked them.

EDIT - whoops missed this, well done @DoomMeister

The federal charges are the ones that really need to be addressed and that is the downing of an aircraft while it was legally using the NAS.

Last edited:
Don’t think I’d be saying I was taking pictures for a house selling listing if I didn’t have a 107 ether .?

Sorry to hear of your plight.

I understand your reluctance with your mother living nextdoor. The federal charges are the ones that really need to be addressed and that is the downing of an aircraft while it was legally using the NAS. Does he go out and shoot at the police chopper when it is involved in a low level mission? I suspect not, and this carries no less a penalty because it is unmanned.

There was another reply in the thread where they suggested his firearms be confiscated. It is probably a very good avenue to pursue.
Confiscation , really? If this is true ,we have enough laws to deal with it.

It appears that you may live in the state of Washington. Washington is one of the states that have passed the Red Flag Law. This is something you may wish to pursue.

HERE is a link to an article about the Red Flag Law

Like others that have posted, I strongly support the 2nd Amendment, but people like the one you encountered also need to be held responsible for their actions. If it wasn’t just a double barrel shotgun, I hate to think what the outcome may have been.

If you want to throw the book at him, see if you can get him charged for a FEDERAL crime. Look up 18 USC 32.

Reactions: jato
9) The product is damaged deliberately.
This probably doesn't apply since the OP didn't shoot it down.

10) The product is damaged directly or indirectly by natural disaster, war, military action, riot, coup, treason, terrorist activities, etc.
Perhaps this is the exclusion you meant to highlight?

This probably doesn't apply since the OP didn't shoot it down.

Perhaps this is the exclusion you meant to highlight?

Actually I think it is #9 that applies, because the damage was deliberate and the exclusion clause doesn't appear to restrict that to self-inflicted. And while it was certainly an illegal act, I can't see that it falls into any of the categories in #10. But who knows with DJI.

I thought he said he posted the video of the attack , I don't see it anywhere. or did I miss it?

Reactions: jato
That’s just awful. But unfortunately, stuff like that does happen. Sorry you lost your Mavic Air 2, but it’s good you did not get injured in the process.
True the neighbour could have targeted the operator.....sounds like a nut case imo

Reactions: Davros007
Thanks for the greeting. I did buy the refresh service at the time of purchase. Not clear if it covers what happened to me but in the short time I had I definitely got the bug. So one way or another I’ll be back in the air. I was lucky to be recording video when the attack happened & captured the attack.
I bought the care refresh package with my Mavic pro a few years ago and have used it
Twice..
Dji never even ask for the data and one time I sent in what Little was left of my bird and got a replacement and the other time it was run over by a car and got replaced no question ask..
So I believe you will get a replacement and DONT WORRY IT WILL NOT BE A REFURB!!
I’ve seen post here where people claimed that happened..
I had care refresh on a P4 and my mavic and
NEVER was one replaced with a refurb...

Reactions: Capt KO
I’d go to the police and see if you could trade in replacing your drone and Then dropping charges.
It’s probably less than his cost for lawyers.

No way?!! Glad no one got hurt but sorry to hear about your drone and the oncoming stress dude.
There are definitely some crazy people out there- did he even know it was you flying it? What it if had been a law enforcement or commercial drone on a job that he decided to just come out and shoot at without asking questions?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d