DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Brisbane, Australia!

eva2000

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi from Brisbane, Australia!

Looking to buy my first DJI Drone (either Mini 2 or Mini SE) so thought I'd join up and ask questions especially as I read Android 12 and mobile phone compatibility can be an issue. Planning to get solar panels installed on my roof, but have to get the roof inspected and probably fixed up first. The plan is to use the drone for roof inspections and before and after checks after solar installation amongst other things :D

cheers

George

Last edited:

Looking to buy my first DJI Drone (either Mini 2 or Mini SE) so thought I'd join up and ask questions especially as I read Android 12 and mobile phone compatibility can be an issue. Planning to get solar panels installed on my roof, but have to get the roof inspected and probably fixed up first. The plan is to use the drone for roof inspections and before and after checks after solar installation amongst other things :D

cheers

George

Welcome George.
Love Brissy, up there often, brothers up there and some work now and then.
Always take a drone, sometimes I don't get to fly, usually work or weather getting in the way, but very often I'll get out somewhere or other.

The mini 2 flymore package would be hopefully getting lower in price, clearing out a bit now the mini 3 is around.
Haven't had an inclination to check around, but some searching might find some really good deals.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello from the Crossroads of America eva2000.

Nice to meet you George. 🤝

Good luck with your solar project.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Greetings, new drone flyer here as well, given the choice I would pick the Mini 2, the controller is much better and prefer my phone to sit on top vs below the controller especially if your phone is oversized I used the Note 10+. SE was my 1st drone but have since upgraded and sold my SE.

cheers

George
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Beautiful city Brisbane! Spent a few days there on a driving trip from Port Douglas to Geelong. Bundaberg just north of you has the best rum. Love the Bundaberg Black which at the time was not exported. Welcome to the forum.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

cheers

George
Hi George,

Welcome, whereabouts in Brissie are you, we fly every weekend over the bay around Redland Bay and have a fair mixture of all of the Mavic variants, you are most welcome to come and try and say hi.

Looking to buy my first DJI Drone (either Mini 2 or Mini SE)

I've already replied to your other posting about phones and Android 12, but let me say if it's merely a choice between the Mini 2 and the Mini SE and not a cost factor, I fly the Mini 2 and I could not be happier. I was caught up in the same dilemma as you as which I should get, the SE is cheaper, but the 2's got the OcuSync. But after reading many entries on this web site and watching so many, many YouTube Videos, I could not argue with having DJI's OcuSync.

Below are all the DJI Downloads for both the Mini 2 and SE and their user manuals. Read the manuals and they will answers questions that you did not even know you needed to ask… and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 2.

DJI Mini 2 - Download Center - DJI

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini SE. You will also find the 47-page User's Manual.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada