DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Calgary, Alberta Canada

Mark69

Reactions
Hi everyone. I just picked up a Mavic Mini last week. I am looking forward to a new and exciting hobby. Since we are in the middle of social distancing I have only flown it a couple of time in the backyard. This is probably for the best though. Practice makes perfect, and I do need a lot of practice.
I have been lurking on the forum to glean information before purchasing the Mavic Mini. Thank you all for allowing me to make an informed purchase. I am sure I will have many questions in the weeks ahead.
looking forward to many interesting flights.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hi everyone. I just picked up a Mavic Mini last week. I am looking forward to a new and exciting hobby. Since we are in the middle of social distancing I have only flown it a couple of time in the backyard. This is probably for the best though. Practice makes perfect, and I do need a lot of practice.
I have been lurking on the forum to glean information before purchasing the Mavic Mini. Thank you all for allowing me to make an informed purchase. I am sure I will have many questions in the weeks ahead.
Hello and welcome to he world of Mavic mini’s. I also have one and live in Calgary and if it wasn’t for the wind today, it would have been a great day to fly. Be very mindful of the wind. I recommend UAV forecast to see the wind at different elevations. It’s a great app.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. I also fly a Mavic Mini and have enjoyed many flights. You will find helpful advice and suggestions on the forum. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. I also live in Calgary and fly a Mavic Mini, but mostly when I travel outside of Calgary. I did not yet find a spot within reasonable driving distance from NW Calgary that is not restricted airspace and suitable for flying a drone for fun.

Welcome to the forum. I also live in Calgary and fly a Mavic Mini, but mostly when I travel outside of Calgary. I did not yet find a spot within reasonable driving distance from NW Calgary that is not restricted airspace and suitable for flying a drone for fun.
You need to come down south Calgary away from the airport. There’s nice areas along Stoney Tr. and the 22X on the bike paths.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

hi there. I’m from calgary too. Bren flying my mini since may of this year. Enjoy flying and keep safe

Hello everyone from Calgary and welcome. I have a question for everyone in this area. It seems to me that for any of us that wants to fly a drone over 250 g in Calgary, the city bylaw states you need to get a permit to fly in any of the hundreds of parks that are not in restricted air space. I have a mini but was considering purchasing the Mavic air 2. But it seems that it may not be worth the hassle. I actually got my “basic” drone certification ahead of my new purchase but now I think it was all for not. What are your thoughts?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom