DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Central Virginia.

Taffer

Reactions
I've flown some kind of UAV since ~2003 which was an indoor coaxial helicopter. Mainly goofing off and having fun. Over the years I upgraded through a few various hobby type drones. I bought my brother's Mavic Pro 1 3 years ago and upgraded to the Mini 3 Pro almost 2 years ago.

My plan was to get my part 107 and start doing some low-end mapping flights as a small business, some real estate photography for realtors selling homes, and maybe for insurance companies to see if they need to ding homeowners to lower their risk. i.e., we were dinged for not having a net on our trampoline which I believe was due to a drone flyover. Who knew it would take DJI so long to release the SDK. Well, probably several of you with more experience. :0)

I can get the 107 and mapping education. That's the part I can do easily. I have no clue how to get started finding customers. I have run a roof & exterior cleaning business for 9 years and I could use Thumbtack to find work, but there must be other avenues. Can anybody tell me other sources to find potential customers? Any pitfalls I could avoid?

If this is all already available here, maybe just drop a couple search criteria names and piont me in the right direction please.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Taffer.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: LoudThunder
My plan was to get my part 107 and start doing some low-end mapping flights as a small business

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

As a New Drone Pilot, there are a couple of Legal Things you may need to do…

You did not write if you have done so or not, but if you have not already done so, you will need to get your TRUST Certificate. You can get that at the Pilot Institute Web Site (FREE…). Your Drone weighs less than 250-grams (0.55 pounds), and while you are flying under The Exception for Recreational Flyers, you are not required to register your Drone.

However, if you do pursue a part 107 and any drone used in your enterprise, no matter how small or how light your drones are, they all must be registered and transmit Remote Indentification.

Link to the TRUST Certificate at the Pilot Institute Web Site (FREE…)

Link to the FAADroneZone (Optional Registration for Drones under 250-Grams…)

If you are considering acquiring your Part 107 License, here is a link to get you going…

Since you live in Virginia, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check the link below for all the Rules and Laws that are in effect in your neck of the woods and it also links you to some of the Best Places to Fly in your area… Also, if you travel on vacation, visit friends, and relatives in other parts of the country, check back here so you do not run afoul of the law.

You would be best served by taking business courses dedicated to Drone Businesses.

Here is a link to all the courses you could imagine taking to get you started in setting up a successful business. The various courses include: Part 107 Commercial Drone Course Made Easy, Drone Mapping, Modeling and Surveying, Drone business Made Easy, and so many more…

The search feature in the MP web site has extensive postings made for the most successful members on this site and YouTube offers many hours on "How-To" and How-Not-To" videos on starting a business.

Good Luck!

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilchrisuhercik