DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Central Wisconsin

MudPup

Reactions
Just received a Mavic Pro; nice piece of equipment. So far have only taken it up and out, but I will explore what else it can do soon. I really enjoy it! Best pastime I have taken up!

I look forward to any tips/advice anyone would want to share! I know that it can now do things similar to the Spark, which I have no experience with as this is my first real UAS (I have had a couple "toy" drones, indoor only). I only have two hours flight time so far.

Thanks!

-MP

"I hope I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles; the character of an honest man." - George Washington 1788

Reactions: dirkclod
Just received a Mavic Pro; nice piece of equipment. So far have only taken it up and out, but I will explore what else it can do soon. I really enjoy it! Best pastime I have taken up!

I look forward to any tips/advice anyone would want to share! I know that it can now do things similar to the Spark, which I have no experience with as this is my first real UAS (I have had a couple "toy" drones, indoor only). I only have two hours flight time so far.

Thanks!

-MP

"I hope I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles; the character of an honest man." - George Washington 1788
Howdy from Wyoming @MudPup , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: MudPup
Welcome Aboard! And enjoy your stay here, there is a wealth of information to be had here so take your time and enjoy reading all the great stuff you can do, :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Have a great one and happy flying :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy the Mavic Pro, it's a great machine! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

DJI_0004.JPG Welcome, another fairly newbie, in Ripon here, Green lake above! i am sending my MP your way soon, 6 miles out so might be a stretch possibly. Green Lake is just a bit over the smoke here, if i send her up over 1000 feet, i would see the lake from here. But my buddy might fly over the town, so i keep her under 400 feet, right, lol, but the problem is he buzzes my house at 150 feet, lucky he got open cockpit to catch the mp with his hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: MudPup and DataGeek
DJI_0029.JPG

As you can see, i have a few trees here i need to deal with, leaves should start up in a week or two i am guessing. I am not a photographer type guy, so i am not sure with settings and editing, which are a field in itself, i guess i will plug along and figure all these settings out somehow with trial and error

Reactions: MudPup and DataGeek
View attachment 36947 Welcome, another fairly newbie, in Ripon here, Green lake above! i am sending my MP your way soon, 6 miles out so might be a stretch possibly. Green Lake is just a bit over the smoke here, if i send her up over 1000 feet, i would see the lake from here. But my buddy might fly over the town, so i keep her under 400 feet, right, lol, but the problem is he buzzes my house at 150 feet, lucky he got open cockpit to catch the mp with his hand.

Go up a few more feet. We're actually on the south side of Puckaway in rural Marquette.

we should get together when you have some time, i am fairly new, but it would be fun to talk and discuss settings and options we both have and learn from each other

We should probably invite MudPup since this is his intro. lol. We do frequent Ripon quite often. Fun little brew pub there. Some pretty darn good Mexican food too. You need to do a little protesting to bring back those cookies though.

ya, i didnt want to high jack anyone's thread, but yes, we could invite anyone who would come, MudPup is certainly welcome!, then we could hit a few brew spots also, before and/or after, lol, 8 hours from bottle to throttle in the full scales, but this type of flying there are no rules yet regarding this? i havent been schooled yet if there is, so we are in the pioneer phase at this point like the Wright Brothers, lol. Anyways, with the long days upon us now for the next 4 months, lets figure out a meeting point and invite some guys to talk, fly, and tip some brews!

8 hours bottle to throttle, definitely if you have your 107 or if you want it. I treat my drone flying like I treat my shooting/trap shooting. Sober before and during, but no problems having a few afterwards. We should post a get together in the Region Meetup and Local Flyers section.

We should probably invite MudPup since this is his intro. lol. We do frequent Ripon quite often. Fun little brew pub there. Some pretty darn good Mexican food too. You need to do a little protesting to bring back those cookies though.
ya, i didnt want to high jack anyone's thread, but yes, we could invite anyone who would come, MudPup is certainly welcome!, then we could hit a few brew spots also, before and/or after, lol, 8 hours from bottle to throttle in the full scales, but this type of flying there are no rules yet regarding this? i havent been schooled yet if there is, so we are in the pioneer phase at this point like the Wright Brothers, lol. Anyways, with the long days upon us now for the next 4 months, lets figure out a meeting point and invite some guys to talk, fly, and tip some brews!

I would feel honored being included in flying with you guys. I'm a law-abider when it comes to FAA rules, and I follow changes so that I am not the cause of further restrictions! PM me if you guys want to fly together sometime.

I would feel honored being included in flying with you guys. I'm a law-abider when it comes to FAA rules, and I follow changes so that I am not the cause of further restrictions! PM me if you guys want to fly together sometime.

Sorry MudPup, I've been away, and now just getting back to this. I think early June would be fun to meet up. Where are you located? Ripon has quite a few meeting places. My schedule will hopefully be freeing up soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev