DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Charleston SC

ob1quixote

Reactions
New guy, new {to me} Mavic Pro Platinum! Bought from a friend with a mess of nice accessories.

Looking for tips on this bird for a lowly noob. I have flown RC copters and planes, and more than a few cheap drones. This one is my first piece of nice equipment. I have flown it around the yard without incident!

List of things to do...
1 FAA registration
2 Figure out a proper FPV display, since my Kyocera DuraForce Pro doesnt fit in the remote. Suggestions welcome, older phone that works well with the
Mavic remote is my aim. Very happy with the bomb-proof Kyocera.
3 Read a lot!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks y'all!
Got my FAA registration, made a few more flights around the yard.
Introduced my dogs to the Mavic, better keep it out of their reach!

All the flights now are without the DJI app, just using the controller. Evidently this tones everything down a bit, distance, height and speed I guess? Still, a good way to get some practice in! My Kyocera Duraforce Pro phone was too thick to fit the controller slots.

Should be getting a capable tablet and slick controller mount this weekend! Will be nice doing FPV with a 10 inch tablet!

Just for fun, took a sample test for the 107 rating.
Scored better than I thought I would, but not enough to pass, and not close enough to risk the test fee!

But it did show where I needed to study if I ever want to go that route!

New guy, new {to me} Mavic Pro Platinum! Bought from a friend with a mess of nice accessories.

Looking for tips on this bird for a lowly noob. I have flown RC copters and planes, and more than a few cheap drones. This one is my first piece of nice equipment. I have flown it around the yard without incident!

List of things to do...
1 FAA registration
2 Figure out a proper FPV display, since my Kyocera DuraForce Pro doesnt fit in the remote. Suggestions welcome, older phone that works well with the
Mavic remote is my aim. Very happy with the bomb-proof Kyocera.
3 Read a lot!
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new MPP, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philips