DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Laval, Canada

jbeausol

Reactions
I am one lucky dude... After looking at drones for the last 2 years, the wife decided to buy me the Mavic Air 2 as my Christmas present (probably to stop hearing me whine that I wanted one...hahaha!). Finally ordered it today.
I've been reading forums (especially this one recently) and guides-manuals, and watching many videos on you tube. Now looking forward to put alot of the stuff I've learned into action... just hope she let's me open the box before Christmas (I feel like an over excited 6 year old when he sees his presents under the tree). Woohoo!
Looking forward to exchanging with all of you over the coming years... cheers. James

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum! :)

After looking at drones for the last 2 years, the wife decided to buy me the Mavic Air 2 as my Christmas present (probably to stop hearing me whine that I wanted one...hahaha!). Finally ordered it today.
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Welcome from Montréal. You need to checkout the following before flying,

Hello Ralph Thompson:

I saw your post this morning referring to the T-Can link on flying your drone safely.

I suggested to a new member some locations near my home that would be of interest for drone photography.

One area of interest is the new Champlain Bridge.

However, the website of the Bridge authority has posted a "Drone Use Policy at the following link:

Do not fly over workers at the worksite and maintain a distance of at least 150 metres between the drone and all workers, buildings, structures or vehicles
  • Stay a safe distance downstream of the worksite
  • Do not fly over the existing Champlain Bridge
  • Stay at least 100 metres away from the existing Champlain Bridge or any other distance established by the competent authorities
  • Stay at least 100 metres away from any vessel or watercraft or any other distance established by the competent authorities
  • Be accompanied by a trained observer while flying the drone

I have a few questions regarding this policy. I have searched for areas in the airspace that prohibit the flying of drones over the New Champlain Bridge and there do not appear to be any flight restrictions by Transport Canada. The "Geo-Fencing" in the app also shows no limitation in this area.

I accept that any public authority such as a bridge or connecting routes can state not to fly "over" their roadways.

However, the regulations stipulate not to fly closer than 30 meters, as people could be working beneath in such construction areas.

How can a drone pilot know if the Drone Use Policy is legally enforceable? It claims a 100 meter distance whereas the regulations require only 30 meters.

It only allows "Professional" pilots instead of "Recreational Pilots" (advanced operations vs basic operations certificate).

Is there any way to verify the authority to claim these rights which are far more restrictive than permitted under Transport Canada regulations?

Beautiful region. Have been there many times, but now I am long overdo to return again. Cheers
I was born in Montreal so I have family everywhere, Terrebonne, Beloeil, Québec. I'm in Saguenay for 35 years now ;)

I am one lucky dude... After looking at drones for the last 2 years, the wife decided to buy me the Mavic Air 2 as my Christmas present (probably to stop hearing me whine that I wanted one...hahaha!). Finally ordered it today.
I've been reading forums (especially this one recently) and guides-manuals, and watching many videos on you tube. Now looking forward to put alot of the stuff I've learned into action... just hope she let's me open the box before Christmas (I feel like an over excited 6 year old when he sees his presents under the tree). Woohoo!
Looking forward to exchanging with all of you over the coming years... cheers. James
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air 2, I absolutely love mine! Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: jbeausol
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll