DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Minnesota!

Sayenah

Reactions
Hey there Mavic Pilots,

I have often enjoyed lurking around these forums and absolutely loved the community here; you folks are incredibly helpful and so earnest and passionate about this lovely hobby!

Anyway, I have been breaking into flying since early January when I got a MA2 with Smart Controller, plus a pair of DJI Racing Goggles (to HDMI into from the SC). So far absolutely love the experience! I feel like I actually cannot enjoy flying without the Goggles strapped to my face haha! There is something surreal about looking at the world from the drone's "eyes".

I grappled a lot between the Mavic 2 Pro and the Mavic Air 2, but eventually decided upon the MA2 purely because of the 4k60 video capability and AT3.0 (we have one hell of a time having the drone track our kids running around!). I wish they had given the M2P 4k60 capabilities, I would have bought it. I think I will patiently wait for the Mavic 3 at this point :) since my main use-case is less of photography and more of video, however lately I have been getting into the former as well.

A question for you folks: I have been using the Freewell ND filters, and still learning about using the right filter for the right light conditions. I have also been reading that some people don't bother using any ND or Polarized filters... so do they just fly the drone with nothing covering the camera? Am I understanding this correctly? Because all I received with my package was a frame of sorts with no "lens" in it; it twists off and I use the appropriate ND filters given how cloudy or sunny the conditions are.

Also, anyone from MN, please do say hello! I am in the suburbs outside of the Twin Cities!

Cheers

~A

@Sayenah welcome to the forum ,the frame you spoke of is just to keep the slots that attach the filters clean and to improve the appearance of the camera when there is no filter attached

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome aboard Sayenah and greetings from Albany, NY!?

One advantage of using an ND filter is when you are recording video on a bright day. This slows down the shutter speed, reducing or eliminating the "jello effect" that can occur at high shutter speeds.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

I have also been reading that some people don't bother using any ND or Polarized filters... so do they just fly the drone with nothing covering the camera?
You got it. I suspect the majority of drone owners are not using filters.

Hey there Mavic Pilots,

I have often enjoyed lurking around these forums and absolutely loved the community here; you folks are incredibly helpful and so earnest and passionate about this lovely hobby!

Anyway, I have been breaking into flying since early January when I got a MA2 with Smart Controller, plus a pair of DJI Racing Goggles (to HDMI into from the SC). So far absolutely love the experience! I feel like I actually cannot enjoy flying without the Goggles strapped to my face haha! There is something surreal about looking at the world from the drone's "eyes".

I grappled a lot between the Mavic 2 Pro and the Mavic Air 2, but eventually decided upon the MA2 purely because of the 4k60 video capability and AT3.0 (we have one hell of a time having the drone track our kids running around!). I wish they had given the M2P 4k60 capabilities, I would have bought it. I think I will patiently wait for the Mavic 3 at this point :) since my main use-case is less of photography and more of video, however lately I have been getting into the former as well.

A question for you folks: I have been using the Freewell ND filters, and still learning about using the right filter for the right light conditions. I have also been reading that some people don't bother using any ND or Polarized filters... so do they just fly the drone with nothing covering the camera? Am I understanding this correctly? Because all I received with my package was a frame of sorts with no "lens" in it; it twists off and I use the appropriate ND filters given how cloudy or sunny the conditions are.

Also, anyone from MN, please do say hello! I am in the suburbs outside of the Twin Cities!

Cheers

~A
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air 2 and Smart Controller, I absolutely love mine! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi