DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from NH

J1b

Reactions
Brand new drone flyer. I made all the classic mistakes my first night ... got it running and hovered it in the house the first nigh ... mistake. Flew it the next day and went 1) too high and 2) too far. Next day ... flew it in WAY too windy conditions. Then joined this forum and watched some YouTube videos and figured out I was a complete idiot.

Now I am back to walking before running. Frustrating to not be able to fly the past few weekends. The winds have been just a tick too high. Today, according to the ap, the temp is too low (which doesn’t make sense to me).

hopefully be flying again soon capturing some killer images and having fun flying.

Very lucky I survived my idiotic phase!

J

Happens to a lot.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hello! Welcome to the forum. I love NH. I visited waaaay back in 2006, stayed in Nashua. Great memories.
I hope you enjoy your drone, and look forward to seeing your videos and photos.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup No flying for me here in Florida today.
Wind gust over 30MPH!

welcome to the forum,thanks for your honesty now there's only one way to go and that's up happy flying

Welcome to the forum J1b . . . at least you survived it (idiot phase). Most don't. They crash and burn. So my friend you are waaaay ahead of the curve.

Batteries can only access 50% of their power in cold weather. Your monitor will show 100% battery but will drop extremely fast. You can fly but warm the batteries, stay close (VLOS) and land when it tells you to. I just read ice build-up on the props just brought down a bird so be careful. Fly safe, fly often . . . time to spin up!

Brand new drone flyer. I made all the classic mistakes my first night ... got it running and hovered it in the house the first nigh ... mistake. Flew it the next day and went 1) too high and 2) too far. Next day ... flew it in WAY too windy conditions. Then joined this forum and watched some YouTube videos and figured out I was a complete idiot.

Now I am back to walking before running. Frustrating to not be able to fly the past few weekends. The winds have been just a tick too high. Today, according to the ap, the temp is too low (which doesn’t make sense to me).

hopefully be flying again soon capturing some killer images and having fun flying.

J

I love your attitude!

Reactions: old man mavic

J
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Hopefully it will warm up soon, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31