DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the UK

Angry.Chimp

Reactions
A quick drone bio:

I bought my Phantom 4 pro as a 50th birthday present to myself just before a bunch of idiots decided to shut down Gatwick airport. As a result of this the UK introduced more restrictive drone laws and living within the CTR of a small regional airport my P4P only saw the light of day on rare occasions when I was in the middle of nowhere.

Then just a few weeks ago I found the Mini and fell in love. No more lugging the P4P around in its backpack, my little MM sits on my belt ready to take to the sky at a moments notice. Hopefully DJI will deem the mini worthy of a firmware update that will include active track and all the bells and whistles its big brother has.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome from China. :)

Yes, I remember the Gatwick fiasco well. It nearly affected my flight from Germany, which was just a few days earlier. I can't believe they never even prosecuted anymore for it. What a shambles. *sigh*

Anyways, welcome to the Mavic family!
As far as I understand (but am prepared to be corrected), not only was no-one prosecuted, it seems likely that there was no drone in the first place! The police did however arrest two people who they accused of the chaos and then later paid £55,000 plus £145, 000 legal fees for wrongful arrest. The police also later said that the drones which had been seen were probably their own craft!

Still, on the basis of a non-existent drone, flown by the invisible man (or possibly woman or both/neither/other) the government introduced legislation requiring owners to pay a fee to operate their drone for which they get the grand total of "bugger-all" and to take an on-line test seemingly written by idiots for morons. They also expect us to write the certification numbers on the drone so that the bionic man (woman/both/neither or other) can use their bionic eyesight to see who's drone is flying above.

Clearly our leaders back then were somewhat confused and we can all rest assured now that our government got themselves sorted out before the current pandemic - Where would we be without their "World Beating" track and trace system!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony